Chapter 43

"So are you coming home?" He asked me softly.
I looked at him, I'd missed him so much.
I nodded, of course I would go home.
"Good." He whispered, kissing me again.
We both gathered my stuff, packing it in my bags.
"Let's just go, if I've forgotten anything I'll just come back." I told him. "I just want to get out this dress and these shoes."
He nodded and grabbed my stuff. "We can come back and get your car tomorrow."
"I can drive it now."
He looked at me and he looked sad. "Gabrielle, I just want to be with you, we'll get your car tomorrow."
"Okay." I murmured, following him out.
He threw my bags in the back before opening my door. He kissed my forehead before I climbed in. I smiled to myself, it felt so nice.
I watched Matt get in and start the car and as we drove off he reached over and grabbed my hand.
"I'm really sorry Gabby." He said quietly.
"For what?"
"For acting the way I did. I was just so angry that you didn't trust me, that you actually thought I would do that."
"I'm sorry Matt, I just thought....."
He cut me off. "I know, it's okay, but Gabby, I'm not Brian, I wouldn't do that."
"I know now Matt."
"I know." He said, giving my hand a squeeze.
The rest of the drive was in silence, I was just happy to have Matt, to be with him, if we never spoke again it wouldn't bother me, as long as he never left my side.
We got home and Matt grabbed my bags and we headed inside. He took my stuff straight to the bedroom.
"I'm going to have a quick shower." I told him.
"Gabby." He said, reaching out and pulling me to him. "You look beautiful, all day I couldn't keep my eyes off of you."
I smiled up at him. "I guess I looked okay."
"No." He whispered against my lips. "You looked perfect."
I wrapped my arms around his neck, returning his kiss.
"I could probably use some help getting out of this dress." I murmured, smiling. "Maybe some help washing my back."
"Thank fuck." He laughed. "I thought you'd never ask."
He took my hand and led me to the bathroom, and as he unzipped my dress I closed my eye's.
Once again things were perfect.