Chapter 39

Sitting at this table was a nightmare. I had a perfect view of everybody. Even the people I didn't want to have a view of.
"Smile for godsake." Hannah said.
I looked at her. "I'm trying."
The meals arrived and I tried to eat but all I seemed to do was push the food around on my plate.
I needed to stop. This was Sally's wedding and I was ruining it, although as I glanced around, I realized that nobody was really taking any notice of me.
"Hey beautiful."
I looked to my right and Brian was hunched down next to me.
"Hi. Having fun?" I asked him.
"Not as much as you."
"Ha ha. Pull up a chair."
I watched him grab a chair and drag it over, I was at the end of the table so it didn't bother anyone else.
"Are you going to eat something?" He asked me, picking up my fork.
"I'm really not hungry."
He used my fork, picked at my food then held it up to me. "Eat."
I shook my head at him.
"Eat it Gabby."
I rolled my eye's and let him feed me. I felt like a child.
"I'm glad you two are sharing a moment." Sally interrupted. "But it's time to dance."
I pushed my chair back and stood up, taking my partners arm.
"Gabby." Brian said, leaning over and kissing my cheek. "You look beautiful, now please enjoy yourself."
I smiled at him. He really was sweet. Such a shame he too was a cheater.
"Um you are aware Brian is hitting on you." Sally hissed in my ear.
"He's just being friendly."
"Keep telling yourself that." She said plastering on a smile and letting Arin lead her onto the dance floor.
Watching them dance was beautiful, well until we had to join them and I hated it because I could feel everyone's eye's on me. I danced as long as I felt necessary and I was about to excuse myself when Brian approached, stepping in and pulling me into his arms.
"Relax Gabby." He whispered in my ear. "I swear to fuck I'm not hitting on you."
"Are you sure?" I asked, but I couldn't help but smile.
"Yes I'm sure." He grinned, reaching down and giving my ass a squeeze.
I did the only thing I could. I laughed.
As much as Brian had hurt me in the past, he really did have a way of making me feel better.