Chapter 15

"Hey." Brian said, sitting down next to me.

"Hey."

I looked at the pool. Matt and Zack were still in, goofing around. We'd all had something to eat and now everyone was sitting around, talking quietly.

"How have you been?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Okay I guess."

He nodded and we lapsed into silence, both staring at the pool.

"What have you been doing?"

"Just working, looking for a place to live." I told him.

"You sick of Matt?" He chuckled.

"Not so much, I just think I'm in the way."

He smiled at me and nodded. "You know." He said looking at the pool. "You could always come home."

"Brian." I said softly.

"Gabrielle." He said, taking my hand. "I miss you, so much."

"I can't."

"God Gabby, I am so sorry and I would give anything to take it back." He turned to me.

"But you can't take it back." Great, I was starting to get upset.

"Name it baby." He murmured, leaning towards me. "You name it and I'll do it, anything to have you back with me, where you belong."

"Please stop." I whispered.

"I'm not stopping, you belong with me Gabby. I fucked up and I hate myself for it but I swear I'll never fuck up again."

I closed my eye's, wishing he would stop.

"Hey." Matt said, plonking down on my lounge and getting me wet.

"Thanks." I growled at him.

"My pleasure." He grinned.

Brian still had my hand and he squeezed it.

"So." Matt said. "What's going on?"

"Not much." Brian told him.

"Gabby." Matt murmured, putting his lips to my ear. "Everything okay?"

I nodded, smiling, ignoring the goosebumps that had erupted all over my body.

"I'm trying to convince her to come home."

"Is that right?" Matt asked, raising his eyebrows. "And how's that working out?"

Brian looked at me. "Not so good. But." He said, looking at Matt. "I'll never stop trying."

Him and Matt looked at eachother and I felt like something passed between them.

"I see." Matt said. "Gabby how do you feel about that"

I opened my mouth to reply but Brian cut me off.

"I think your fiancé wants you." He said to Matt.

I just sat there. I wasn't sure what had just happened, but something certainly had.