Chapter 38

"How are you feeling?" Sally asked me, once we'd arrived at the park where the photos were being taken.
I looked at her and nodded.
"Really Gabby?"
"I can't believe he brought her." I blurted.
"What?" She asked.
"Matt. I can't believe he brought that slut."
"Oh Gabby." She said grabbing my hand. "He didn't bring her, she was invited anyway. The invitations went out before they broke up."
"Oh." I said, walking towards the other's.
"Silly." She laughed.
"They haven't really broken up have they." I said.
"Look Gabby...." She started, but she stopped and walked towards Arin.
I stood there watching her. I finally understood. Matt was Sally's friend first, she would side with him.
That made me feel worse than I already did and I wanted more than anything to go home. Ha. I didn't have a home.
I thought Sally was my best friend, but I guess I was wrong.
I made the effort to smile for the photos, even though it was the last thing I felt like doing. Finally they were over and we got back in the car's and headed to the reception.
I was thinking about sneaking off early. Sally and Arin were staying elsewhere tonight so I would have the house to myself, and let's be honest, I didn't think I'd be missed.
We arrived and headed inside and as I approached the door Sally grabbed my arm.
"Gabby." She said hugging me. "Everything will be okay."
Great, I wanted to cry again, instead I nodded my head.
"It will be. Maybe it's time I was on my own. I haven't been alone for so long."
"Maybe." She whispered kissing my cheek. "Come on, let's have some fun."
I smiled, but only on the outside. I was fucking miserable and as we entered the reception, and as me and my partner entered the room, I looked at my feet, I just didn't want to see Matt.
Only when I was seated did I quickly glance around.
They were sitting next to eachother, their heads together, talking.
Probably laughing at me, how stupid I looked.
They were together. It was clearly obvious.