Chapter 42 - Battlefield

Nathan POV

It was now Tuesday morning around 9 o'clock and we are still trying to discover the City of Athens. Starstruck with the help of his brothers has been pushing to the limit to find the temple as quickly as possible so we can return home. While we were here Starstruck, Strom, and Spirit have been assisting us with controlling our powers and how to best utilize them. Starstruck has been teaching me how to teleport to long distances and how many people I can teleport in one move.

"Everyone is expecting us to be back by tomorrow and our flight is tonight. We need to find this sword now." Dethan announced as all sat around the room trying to get our plan together.

"Agreed. It's best if we get a move on it immediately." Ethan expressed.

"There are only 3 more areas we haven't looked. Hopefully, it's in one of those places." I explained to them as we all stood up to leave our suite.

We got in the car and were off to the first stop. It was about an hour and a half from the hotel so it took us a while to get there. As Ethan is driving I spotted this van in the rearview mirror trailing behind us but I didn't think much of it. Maybe I was just being paranoid.

Ethan pulled up to the area and knew right away this wasn't the pathway to the City of Athen. So we stayed in the car and continued our way to the next location. This one was two hours away so we have quite a long journey on our hands.

"Speed up a little bit Ethan," I said.

"Why?" Ethan asked confused.

"Just do it I need to see if my eyes are playing tricks on me" I confessed

"Okay I guess"

He began to speed up and just like I thought the van in the next lane did the same.

"We're being followed" I declared to the others as I look into the rearview mirror.

"How do you know that?" Ethan questioned glancing across at me.

"That white van behind us has been following us since we were on our way to the first location. I thought it was just going in the same direction to go somewhere else but it's here again." I described it to them.

"We need to get them off of us before we head to the next site." Dethan acknowledged Ethan

"I know"

He took us through a back street and when we saw they were nowhere in sight all of us got out of the car. We hide in the alleys covered by tall buildings that weren't heavily lit and waited for the van to pull up.

When it did; at least 5 guys got out looking around for us.

"Where did they go?" One of the men asked the others.

"The boss is not going to like that we lost them" This one seemed concerned.

"Continue to look around they couldn't have gone far." The same guy told the others.

Ethan and Dethan summoned their swords as soon as we heard footsteps getting closer to us. We can't shift out in the open in case someone pops up so Ethan suggests I should stay here since we're not sure what kind of weapons they may have. They rushed toward the empty street to attack the ones that were following us.

I teleported to the top of a building to oversee what was going on. As suspected the underworld creatures had swords as well. But their weapons were no match to my brothers' own. When Dethan finished off the last one I teleported back down. This is how every encounter with the underworld has turned out for the past few days since we found the swords of Poseidon and Zeus.