79

JAXON SAT BESIDE JOSIE and Lizzie while Hope was standing and looking at them.

"Aren't you supposed to be indestructible?" Lizzie asked the demigod who rolled his eyes at her before grabbing Josie's hand, "I am indestructible. I was just pretending back there."

He rolled up his sleeve to show them his wound that was all healed. "It doesn't affect me." Jaxon then began taking Josie's pain away. She let out a sigh of relief when she felt her pain being alleviated.

"Is it working?"

"I think." The demigod mumbled, watching as his veins turned black as he absorbed Josie's pain. "I can only take your pain away." He noted, "it's not healing. Why isn't it healing?"

Lizzie shrugged, eyeing her sister in concern, "I don't know maybe it's because of the mud?"

"Don't worry guys," Josie muttered, "we'll figure a way out."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Lizzie asked Josie who furrowed her brows, "with me? You practically begged him to shoot you."

"Because, if I'm destined to die in my prime, it may as well be in a blaze of hero glory," Lizzie responded earning an eye roll from Jaxon who continued to help Josie as she mumbled, "you are unbelievably selfish."

"Who took it upon herself to dive in front of my bullet?" Lizzie asked, "I thought that your codependent days were over."

"A regrettable relapse," Josie said which made Lizzie apply pressure on her wound making her hiss in pain and Jaxon shooting a glare at Lizzie.

"Hey!" One of the guard knocked on the cell bar, "Keep it quiet in there."

"We're not in the prison yard, asshat." Lizzie said to the man as he walked away.

"When we are done helping you people get your powers back," Jaxon spoke up making the three girls look at him as he continued, "I'm killing that Burr guy."

"You're not killing anyone." They said at the same time making him roll his eyes, "I will kill him. I want him dead."

Hope let out a sigh, turning to the three, "you guys, I'm so sorry. I mean, I dragged you into this, and I have absolutely no idea how to get us out of it."

"Well, that is just not good enough, Hope," Lizzie said, "my sister is clearly dying, and we did not wait ten years to become friends with you for you to not come through with your annoyingly perfect Hope Mikaelson heroics when we need you the most."

"She's right, for a change. It's hero time, Hope," Josie stated just as the guard came back again, "I said keep it down in there."

Just then the guard dropped unconscious and MG's familiar face came into view, " did someone say "hero time"?"

**

"A blood fountain?" Hope repeated MG's word, "gross."

"It's even grosser in person," MG made a disgusted face, "Trust me. I was looking for a way to shut it off, but I couldn't figure out how."

"All right, I'll go find the secret tunnel, I guess," Hope said just as Lizzie looked at he, "And then I can siphon the sludge out of Josie, not that she'll appreciate it."

"Great, then I'll just be shot."

"See?" Lizzie smirked, "The new you is so snarky."

"Okay. I'm gonna be back as soon as I can," Hope spoke up, looking at MG, "please keep these two from trying to kill or die for each other." She then turned to Jaxon, "are you staying here?"

"Find a way to get their power back," Jaxon said, "I'll meet you straight there as soon as they are back." She nodded at that.

"You guys need to go help Landon," MG said, "we don't need you to be here."

"But I can't leave you guys here—" Hope was cut off by Lizzie, "For the love of Frodo, go rescue Landon. We'll muddle through."

"She's right again," Josie said, "he needs you."

"We've been watching you two save the day this entire school year," MG looked at the two, "we got it. Now go save Landon."

"Go," Josie urged, "If you go soft on us now, I'm just gonna hurl Maligoo."

Hope smiled softly at that, her eyes flickering to Jaxon who shot her a small smile, "I'll see you there." Nodding one last time, Hope finally walked away.