6

JAXON WATCHED HOPE AS she and Landon danced while exchanging talks, smiles and laughs. He clenched his jaw— why was he angry?

He should stop watching them, he knew that but he couldn't. He wanted to see what else would happen.

Being a half–god came with thousands of perks, one of them being able to spy on people from afar. He had his eyes closed as he stared at the two from his room, it was playing like a sort of vision in front of him.

"This is the part where you run." Hope said to Landon who nodded, "yeah, I know. I'm not gonna remember any of this. Am I?"

"Probably not" Hope shook her head, "no."

"Well, in that case..." Landon leaned in and Hope's breath hitch.

Jaxon watched in anticipation as his lips neared hers but he couldn't let that happen. Something in him just snapped and before he knew it, Landon moved his face away from hers and let out a cough.

Hope furrowed her brows at Landon, "are you okay?"

"Yeah..." Landon coughed again, "I'm okay. I think it's just the... "He coughed again, "... Dust."

Jaxon smirked in his bed. He did that. He prevented them from kissing, it was yet another one of his abilities— rendering people sick. He could do it and take the sickness back within a second if he wished. He did not know why he did it but he was glad he did.

Getting up from the bed, he went to the bathroom— He had his own personal room which was big with his own fire place, couches, bathroom and other things.

He stepped into the shower and allowed the cold water to fall on him. His mind went back to Hope and Landon. Why did he stop them from kissing? What was his problem? Was he jealous?

As fast as the thought came, he shook it away, wanting to laugh at the insanity of the possibility. He couldn't be jealous. Why would he be? He didn't like Hope that way. He would say that he did not like her at all— but that would be a lie for he quite enjoyed her company. He has known her since they were seven and it was since then that their banters started.

Jaxon felt like Hope was the only one who could understand him, she was the only one who knew how it felt like to be the only one of your kind— it felt incredibly lonely and it sucked. But it did have it's perks. Hope knew how it felt like to not Jaxon anyone to call your own although he was adopted by Caroline, he never felt like he belonged.

Although Hope and Jaxon would argue on a daily basis, never once had they used their powers on each other. It was some sort of agreement between them that they'd use their powers on each other only when they were training and that too, only to maim, not seriously injure.

When he was done, he wore a black shirt before heading outside, to Alaric's office as he had a feeling that something was about to go wrong and his instincts were telling him to be at the headmaster's office.

True to his instincts, he opened the door and found Landon sitting there with Alaric. He closed the door behind and went to sit on the table, facing Landon while his back faced Alaric.

"You ready for round two?" Alaric asked Landon who bit his lip, "actually... I was wondering if I could stay."

"No." Jaxon was quick to deny while Alaric sighed, "I can put you in touch with somebody who can help you with your problems at home—"

"—I don't have a home." Landon cut him off, "not anymore. I can work. I can do the dishes and help with the janitorial stuff, I can cook..."

"I like the idea of the janitorial stuff." Jaxon said, smirking when Alaric shot him a look before turning to Landon, "I'm sorry, Landon, but you don't belong here."

"Then where do I belong?" Landon asked, "Tell me where I should go. You have no idea what it's like out there."

"Stop saying that!" Jaxon exclaimed, "you keep saying that you're homeless and shit— as an excuse to get a place to stay. You know how you sound like right now? A fucking beggar. We get it, alright? You're homeless, alone and whatever. You make it sound like it's world war three out there. It's annoying."

A wave of silence hit the office as Jaxon's words rang through their ears. Alaric had to admit, Jaxon was right. Even Landon realised that he might have been exaggerating but he was desperate.

"I— I don't want to cause trouble," Landon said, "I just want a way out of my own life."

Alaric sighed, "I know it seems cruel, but please understand, this school was created so we could shape the minds of young supernatural beings, protect their secret, and then send them out into the human world fully equipped to handle it. We are here to prevent these great kids from indulging in their darkest impulses. Make no mistake, these are predatory creatures. Vampires are driven by the feed and the kill. Wolves can't control themselves in their primal state. And witches..." Alaric chuckled softly, "witches, when provoked, are responsible for some of the worst atrocities in history. It's simply not safe for you here. I'm sorry."

"But not all werewolves... " Landon looked at Jaxon suggestively, "you know..."

"You delusional little thing." Jaxon let out a scoff, "what are you thinking? That I'm gonna protect you when they all pounce on you to eat you? No." He let out a humourless chuckle, "if anything, I'll be the one telling them that there's defenseless fresh fucking meat walking around the school."

"Jax," Alaric warned, "he's already stressed as it is." Alaric then spoke in the intercom, "have MG come on in, please." Just then, MG walked in and looked at Landon, "I'm sorry about yesterday. But your buddy's gonna be okay here. We'll look out for him. Now all you got to do is go home. Forget everything that you've seen or learned in the past two days. All you need to know is that your friend has found a home where he can live a better life..."