81

JAXON ENTERED JUST IN TIME to find Ryan dropping dead right in front of him as Landon threw something around his neck and pulled.

"Damn," Jaxon mumbled making the two look at him. "Sorry, I'm late. Something came up."

He ignored Ryan's body and walked over to the two. Hope placed her hands on either sides of his face, "what happened to your eyes?"

"It's nothing to worry about anymore." He responded before lowering his head, placing his lips on hers. She instantly responded to the kiss, their lips moving in sync as Landon stood there and tried to ignore them.

"I thought something happened to you," Hope said as they parted away, "I was scared."

"I'm fine," He brushed a strand of her hair away from her face before looking at the pit which became slightly white and was bubbling, "fuck, he's gonna rise. Isn't he?"

"He?" Hope asked with a questioning look on her face. Jaxon and Landon exchanged a look before Landon sigh, "oh we have a lot to catch up on."

After Landon told Hope the story that Ryan had told him, he took a deep breath, glanced at Jaxon who was had his back to them as he stared down at the pit "and Hades created Malivore."

"Wait what?" Hope's eyes widened, looking at Jaxon, "you knew about that?"

"He might have mentioned it." Jaxon shrugged, without looking at them.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't know," he replied, his voice low as he gripped the railing, keeping his back to them. "Does it really matter?"

"Of course it does!" Hope exclaimed, "you knew everything and yet you said nothing."

"I recently found that out," Jaxon rolled his eyes even though they couldn't see him.

"Can you guys do this later?" Landon asked as they looked at the pit which was bubbling more and more, "because I think we're running out of time."

Hope looked at Landon before she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him. "You're a great friend, Landon." Confused, Landon hugged her back, "okay, thank you... I guess?"

Hope said nothing to him as she snapped his neck, allowing to fall on the ground. She then looked at Jaxon who was looking at her with his brows raised questioningly. She stepped forward and placed her hand on her side of his neck before bringing her face closer to his. "I love you," she said, "I'm sorry for being stupid. I understand why you didn't tell me. It's okay." Without giving him the chance to say anything, she closed the gap between their lips.

Jaxon placed a hand on the side of her face and the other one on her waist as he kissed her back. He knew what she was about to do.

"Just in case you forget." She whispered between their kiss. "You know, even if you do, I'll find a way to make you remember."

"Shut it, Mikaelson," he stared at her, right into her eyes, "this is not our last kiss. Get this thought out of your head." She smiled when he placed a lingering kiss on her forehead, "I love you."

"I need to make one last call," She said, taking out her phone as she called Alaric. Jaxon listened to their conversation but said nothing as he listened to Hope telling Alaric about how Clarke won and how she knew what she had to do to prevent Malivore from rising. With a heavy heart, she then disconnected the call.

"You're not the only loophole," Jaxon said earning a questioning look from Hope, "wait, what?"

With a loud sigh, he spoke up, "I'm also a loophole. But if I go in there, nobody is gonna remember me— not even you. And I'm never going to come back. I can do it— I don't want the people you love to forget you. This is selfish. My dad created this problem, I'll be the one to fix it. Not you."

We had a deal.’ Hades reminded his son, ‘careful of what you're doing.’

‘Maybe I want to spend time with you after all. It does not sound so bad.’ Jaxon responded earning a loud sigh from Hades, ‘no, don't! don't make me intervene.’

"You're sick if you think that I'm letting you do that." Hope scoffed, rolling her eyes, bringing Jaxon back to reality. "Why won't I remember you?"

"If I go in there, the powers of every Supernatural Malivore has ever absorbed will be residing in me," he explained, "And it will be too much for me to hold on earth, I'm going to be like a ticking timing bomb— which is why I'll be send to the underworld— with my dad where I shall spend eternity."

"No." Hope mumbled, shaking her head, "I won't let you do it. Don't be stupid, Jaxon. I don't want to lose you. We can find a way to make the others remember me. But we can't find a way to bring you back from the underworld. Be reasonable, please. I need you. Dr Saltzman needs you... The twins needs you— Caroline needs you. She placed a hand on the side of his face, "let me do this. I'll be back. Just... just wait for me. Okay? I love you." She kissed him once more before turning to the railing and stared at the pit before glancing at Jaxon who sighed, nodding, "fine. I'll be waiting for you."

Nodding, she was about to jump when Clarke got up, snapping his neck back into place. "Ooh. Sorry. I was eavesdropping. What are you waiting for?"

"I assumed you were gonna try to stop me."

"Hell no," Clarke shook his head, "I was only trying to raise my father because I'm terrified of him, and I knew he'd find a way out someday. But if you're right about this loophole... can actually kill the bastard once and for all... Be my guest. And if you're wrong, well, no harm done because you'll be dead. So go on. I'll be rooting for you."

"That's not all you'll be doing," Hope said, "Imitantor Pupulus."

Clarke scoffed, "whatever you think you just did didn't work."

Hope placed her hand over her mouth and Ryan was compelled to do the same. His eyes widened, "How'd you do that? Why did I do that?"

"It's a basic mimic spell," Hope responded with a smirk, "we learned it in second grade. Also in second grade... follow the Leader."

"You don't have to do this," Clarke said earning a nod from Hope, "I know. But it's the only part I'm actually enjoying. Too bad you're so clumsy." Glancing at Jaxon one last time, she jumped and Clarke was forced to do the same.

_____________________

I'm not going to continue with season 2. I'm just gonna write an alternative ending and finish this story.

|Edit| Change of plans!!

Go check book 2 out <3