29

MG CARRIED DANA AND put her in the back of their bus while Landon spoke, "so let me get this straight. Dana died with vampire blood in her system so she came back to life and now she's in transition and needs to feed or die?"

"Nailed it bro," MG commented, smirking slightly, "easy decision, right?"

Just then, the guy noticed some sort of white sticky substance on his hand making him frown in confusion, having never seen such a thing before.

"Alright so..." Kaleb spoke up, shrugging as if it was no big deal, "we give her human blood, it's that simple."

"Not everyone wants to be supernatural," Hope pointed out, arms crossed as she stared at Kaleb, "some people just want to be normal."

"Dana's traumatized, you guys." Lizzie said, "This is a huge decision. Maybe we should give her a day or two."

"I agree with Lizzie. We should give her a day or two." Jaxon said, nodding in agreement making Lizzie flash him a smile while Hope rolled her eyes, "she'll be dead in a day if she doesn't feed..." She looked at Jaxon, "but you already knew that, didn't you? Of course you did. You both did."

"Oops," Lizzie sent her a sarcastic smile, "I suck at maths."

"You should tell her the truth,"Landon suggested, "my guess is that she'd be psyched to be at a place like your school... I know I would."

Having noticed MG's silence, Kaleb noted, "you're awful quiet there, MG."

"I'm a feminist, bruh." MG said, "I'm not gonna tell Dana what to do with her body. Landon's right." MG looked at Landon who looked rather pleased with himself as Kaleb looked at Lizzie, all looking at her suggestively.

Lizzie rolled her eyes, letting out a groan, "ugh, fine! Okay, but to be clear, she's not joining drill team."

"Surgere." Hope said, flicking her hand towards Dana who woke up with a gasp. They looked at the girl who sat up, looking as confused as ever, "did I pass out?" She clutched to her stomach, head lowered, "I don't feel so well."

"We know how you feel," Hope spoke up, "and it's okay, you're just hungry."

"Anorexia was sophomore year," Dana said in her bitchy tone. This is something else."

"You're hungry for blood, you dumb b—" Jaxon was cut off by Hope who nudged him in the ribs rather hard. He rolled his eyes at her while Dana shot him a horrified look, "wh–what?"

"You'll feel better once you feed, I promise—" MG was cut off by Dana who raised her voice, growing annoyed, "—oh shut up! For real. Even thinking about eating makes me want to—" she cut herself off, grabbed the edge of the door as she leaned forward and puked.

The others took steps backward in order to avoid it from splashing on them. Dana was puking a black substance.

"Oh damn, what the hell did this girl eat?" Jaxon asked, scrunching his nose up in complete disgust.

"I think her soul just got on my shoes," Lizzie added with a disgusted face, "ew."

MG held his stomach, looking as if he was gonna puke as well, "I think I'm gonna be sick too."

"Is this normal?" Landon, who had his eyes closed asked while Hope stepped forward, looking worried, "she's puking her guts out, literally."

"Yeah, we can see that," Jaxon said, "thanks."

"Dana!" Hope exclaimed at the girl who kept on puking, "Dana!" However, Dana didn't stop puking. The others stood there and watched her until she became a flat body with no bones and only skin lying on the ground.

Jaxon would've laughed at the sight if the others didn't look so serious and worried.

"Should we call your dad?" Hope asked Lizzie as they surrounded the somewhat body.

"Why?" Lizzie asked, "so he can take another bullet for you?"

"No," Hope responded, refraining herself from rolling her eyes, "because whatever did this was not a vampire."

Jaxon sighed, running a hand through his hair, "It's got to be another monster looking for that godforsaken knife."

"Well maybe the monster has been right in front of us all long..." Kaleb stepped forward towards Landon, stopping right in front of him. Landon stuttured, wearing a nervous smile, "wh–what? Are you serious?"

"Hey, none of this started happening until you showed up and stole that knife which is exactly what the other monsters came here to do." Kaleb clarified, "you saying it's a coincidence?"

"Yeah," Landon was quick to say, "yeah, yes I am!" He glanced at the others, noticing the expressions on their faces, "you believe me, right?"

"I mean..." Jaxon started, "Kaleb's got a point. What if you're one of them? You could be playing us right now."

Landon scoffed, looking away, "got it. Say no more." He began walking away and none of them stopped him, knowing he wouldn't get far anyway.