65

"THIS IS THE PLACE HOPE talked about," Alaric said to Kaleb and Jaxon as they both stepped out of the car into the woods.

"She happen to mention that arrangement you made with Mrs. Greasley, too, when she called?" Kaleb asked sarcastically earning a sigh from Alaric, "MG's mother enrolled him in the Salvatore School without his father knowing that he was still alive. She didn't think his dad could handle the fact that MG was a vampire. Our arrangement was to keep that a secret."

They began walking into the woods, holding torch in their hands. Kaleb scoffed at Alaric's words, "shady. Shadiest part being you saying yes."

"I didn't want to," Alaric said, glancing at Jaxon who had his brows furrowed as he walked in front of them all, able to sense something but he was unable to put his finger on what. Glancing back at Kaleb, Alaric resumed, "But I didn't want to turn MG away, either. I mean, admittedly, it's a bit of a gray area."

"No, it's not. Life is black and white." Kaleb stated making Alaric shake his head, "you're a teenager, Kaleb. A smart one. Too smart, sometimes. But when you have been through what I've been through and seen what I have seen, you'll learn that life is rarely that simple."

"Hey," Jaxon looked at Kaleb, "do you smell that?" Kaleb sniffed before his eyes widened as he nodded his head.

"Okay, what is it?" Alaric asked, concern.

"Blood," Jaxon responded as they continued walking, following the smell of the blood. Their steps halted when they saw MG lying on the ground. "MG."

"MG!" Kaleb rushed towards his friend, "MG. MG." Mg whimpered as Kaleb tried to help him stand but in vain, "It's okay.  Damn it, It's okay. Oh, my God."

"All right, take it easy," Alaric said making MG hiss, "Ssay away from me, Dr. Saltzman. I can't control it."

Jaxon frowned when he caught the smell of someone else's blood— someone very familiar. His heartbeat picked up at the thought that flashed in his mind. He couldn't have, could he?

"Shh. It's okay," Alaric ignored MG's words, "we're here. We're here. Just tell me what happened."

"There are demons all around me," MG began mumbling in pain. Kaleb frowned in confusion, "what?"

"Beast horns and devil's tongues," MG continued earning a loud sigh from Jaxon. At that, Kaleb looked up at him, "what the hell is wrong with him?"

"He's delusional, which means only one thing," Alaric stated looking at Jaxon who stated, ignoring the groan that came from MG, "He's been bitten."

"He's a vampire," Kaleb furrowed his brows in confusion, "we do the biting."

"By a werewolf, dumbass." Jaxon added and rolled his eyes, "I'm guessing Rafael."

"He said he saw a monster," Kaleb hissed in anger, "he is the damn monster." Oh, my God. The infection's spreading to his heart. If he was bitten last night, he's got maybe an hour. Two, tops."

"What?" Kaleb had tears in his eyes, "the cure. G-Give him the damn cure you were talking about."

"Hope's blood is the cure," Alaric replied, "the blood of the tribrid. Let's just hope she can get here soon. Just stay with us, MG. All right? We got you. We got you."

"Dude, really?" Jaxon rolled his eyes, letting out a loud scoff to make his presence known, "it's not like I'm right here or anything. Did we forget that I can literally cure werewolf bites as well? No, never mind. We didn't know because I didn't say anything, not wanting to be some kind of walking cure."

"Wait really? Jaxon, are you serious? I thought Caroline and I told you not to hide anything from us." Alaric stood up, looking at Jaxon who walked towards MG and knelt down. "Well, Caroline knows." Alaric rolled his eyes at that, "of course she does."

Kaleb furrowed his brows at Jaxon, "how can your blood be the cure as well?"

"I'm literally a demigod who's also an immortal werewolf," Jaxon responded, rolling up his sleeve as he placed his wrist near MG's lips. Veins started appearing under his eyes at the smell of Jaxon's blood. It was unlike any other— incredibly tempting.

Just as MG was about to bit in his wrist, Jaxon held his head back, "—wait up. Don't get too excited. Although my blood is very... tempting, it has some well let's say, disadvantages because of my dad being overprotective as fuck and all."

"What are you talking about?" Kaleb asked, Furrowing his brows in both confusion and curiosity.

"It might burn— like a lot," Jaxon replied, clearing his throat and ignoring the raised brows Alaric and Kaleb were giving him, "but I suppose he'll live. So have at it." He then let go of MG's head and MG unsurely bit his wrist.

He groaned when he felt the blood on his tongue while Jaxon didn't even flinch. His blood was so delicious, it was unlike anything he's ever tasted before. However, before he could even close his eyes as he drank, his throat began burning as if he was drinking glasses after glasses of vervain. MG hissed in pain and immediately moved away from Jaxon, holding his throat.

"It was either that or death," Jaxon shot him a small smile, ignoring that he was in pain as he looked at the werewolf bite which already healed, "glad to know that you'll live—"

"—Dr Saltzman?" Hope's voice cut him off. Jaxon turned to find Hope and Rafael rushing towards them.

"MG was bit but he's fine now," Alaric explained, "I called you, sorry. I forgot to inform you about the last part. Anyway, Jaxon gave him his blood so it's all good."

"Your blood can cure werewolf bites?" Hope looked at Jaxon, unaware of that piece of information.

"Apparently with a side effect," Alaric mumbled, looking at MG who was still coughing. Jaxon rolled his eyes, "blame my dad."

"I bit you," Rafael stated as he looked at MG. Hope turned to him, "What?"

"This is all my fault. Raf," MG said, looking guilty and sad, "I'm so sorry."

"What, sorry?" Kaleb stood up, "what are you sorry for? He's the one that should be sorry. He's the fool that bit you—" Kaleb prepared to lunge at Rafael but Alaric stopped him, "no, no, no, no, no, no."

"No, no, stop."

"Don't move." Alaric said sternly to Kaleb while Jaxon walked toward Rafael who was holding his head.

"Hey! Hey. Hey, what's going on?" Hope asked the werewolf, "what's wrong? What's going on? What?"

"He's remembering something," Jaxon stated, narrowing his eyes at Rafael who nodded at his words, "I remember now. The elixir. His face. Being back here..."

Jaxon held his breath in anticipation as he hoped that was Rafael was going to say was not what he was thinking.