39

"I TAKE IT THINGS AREN'T GOING WELL," Hope said as they walked in the hallway.

"He's a Diva," Alaric stated as Jaxon asked, "so what's the plan? I know you don't wanna give over the knife but we can't have him raise people back from the dead."

"The lost loved ones of every people in this school, precisely." Hope added to which Alaric assured, "I will handle it. I have questions that need answers."

"Okay, well I'm not sure your methods are most effective." Hope said earning a hum of agreement from Jaxon.

Alaric stopped walking and looked at them sternly, "I said I will handle it. Now, just stay away from him— both of you." He shot them a look as if to say 'I'm serious' before walking away to where Rafael was sitting with Cassie.

"So, you and Rafael have grown pretty close." Jaxon said, breaking the silence between the two. Hope turned to look at him, "as have you and Penelope."

He scoffed, "Penelope and I have always been close— we're friends. What's going on between you and the pup?"

"Nothing," she replied, glancing at Rafael who was talking with Alaric and Cassie, "we're friends."

"I know you're planning something," He said, narrowing his eyes at her, "about That necromancer thing. Just don't do anything stupid." With that, he walked away, his hands in his pockets as Hope watched his retreating figure. She let out a sigh before heading to the library.

After gathering books which would prove to the Necromancer that he indeed didn't exist— and was no legend, she went to the cells and went to show it to him.

**

Jaxon was walking around outside mindlessly with a cigarette in between his fingers when he saw MG who vamp sped in front of him, looking dishelleved and scared. He Furrowed his brows, "what's wrong with you?"

"It's Hope." MG said breathlessly as Jaxon quickly tossed his cigarette aside before following MG to where Hope was. He clenched his jaw when he found Hope with her eyes closed as she shook and whimpered with tears streaming down her face while she stood behind the Necromancer who was smirking at him.

"What the fuck is going on?" He asked, looking at MG who began stuttering, "I don't know! She wanted me to do a head dive, you know that thing that vampires do? Now she's like stuck inside his head!"

Jaxon rushed inside the cells and looked at the necromancer, eyes containing fury, "you're keeping her inside. Let her out."

"And why would I do that?" The necromancer asked, tilting his head to the side as he stared at the half–god, "oh my dear boy, your feelings for this girl is all over the place." Jaxon clenched his jaw at that. "Be quiet. Let her out, now."

"And If I don't?" The necromancer asked, pushing his buttons, "you know you have this darkness in you— don't you? I mean, you are, after all Hades's son. The god of the underworld."

"If you don't—" Jaxon began slowly, "I will go inside and break your mind from the inside. You know, it will be like... A bomb exploded inside. I think that will be painful as you can be hurt internally. Am I not right?"

His eyes widened slightly which gave that away making Jaxon smirk, "so, what's it gonna be?" He asked, glancing at Hope which made him grit his teeth as he looked at the necromancer again, "never mind that. Let her out right now."

And so the Necromancer did. He let Hope out with a smirk tugging at his lips, "act up on those feelings, boy. You never know what can happen in the future."

Hope opened her eyes with a gasp and looked at Jaxon who had his jaw clenched as he stared at her, "I thought I told you not to do anything stupid."

She was about to say something when she noticed Alaric who walked in at the same time.

He was staring at them both from outside the cells. Jaxon turned around and was met with the angry expression of their headmaster.

"Oops," The Necromancer smirked, "daddy's home."

"Fuck off." Jaxon muttered under his breath, raising his brows at Alaric as he could feel the anger radiating off him, "hey, what's up, Ric?"

"Follow me," Alaric dismissed his words, glaring at them as he opened the door, "both of you. Now!"