67

EVER SINCE HOPE AND JAXON made things official between them, they would always sleep in the same room. Most of the time, both of them would spend the night in Jaxon's room— there was only one time when they slept in Hope's.

They would spend the night cuddling or watch a movie— if not doing other things till they'd both fall asleep— something Jaxon rarely did. 

When Jaxon informed the others that Landon was a phoenix, an immortal being— something that didn't sit well with him considering the fact that he knew Landon didn't stop liking, if not loving his girlfriend. Jaxon didn't want to compete with Landon for eternity although he knew of Hope's feelings for himself.

Jaxon was aware that the tribrid loved him and he did too— he did love her yet he couldn't bring himself to accept that. He had always thought that to love someone or to be in love with someone was just a stupid delusion.

He'd often use his parents for example to convince himself that the whole loving thing was stupid. His dad left his mom for the mere reason of her being a mortal despite that he was in ‘love’ with her. While his father had to return to the underworld, his mother had duties towards her pack. So it ended up with them going their own separate ways.

Hades didn't abandon his son. He couldn't simply bring a newborn baby to the underworld. It was dangerous for both him and the child. But he did look over him throughout the years ensuring his safety.

As Jaxon ran his fingers through Hope's hair as she was sleeping, his mind drifted back to the time when he was tortured by a pack of bitches— how he likes to call it. And then he thought of his dad, Hades, the one who created Malivore. Then he began thinking of Hope. He was yet to tell her about that— he was yet to tell her that he knew how to close the portal, he knew of a loophole.

Hope's whimpering snapped him out of his thoughts. With narrowed eyes, he glanced at her as she began whimpering, mumbling incoherent words. Her right hand which was lying on his chest grabbed a fistful of his shirt and her brows drew together, her lips parted and she sounded like she was crying.

"Hope," he slowly moved her head from his chest and sat up to look at her. She began whimpering more and was on the verge of crying, "shit. Hope, wake up." When she didn't, he shook her lightly, "H—" he was cut off when she let out of a yell and wave her hand in front of her which would've sent him flying if not for him blocking her powers by grabbing her wrist.

"Oh my god," her eyes shot open at the feeling of someone blocking her powers as it sent some type of electricity through her. She looked at Jaxon, "what— what are you doing? What happened?"

"Self defense," he let go of her wrist and stood up, "you were having a nightmare."

She looked down at her lap at the mention of a nightmare making Jaxon sigh, "it's been a while since we haven't trained." At that, she looked up at him and he continued, "it's already five. Are you up for it or scared that I might hand over your ass to you?"

"I'm not scared," she quickly got up from the bed, "give me ten minutes to freshen up," walking towards him, she placed a hand on his chest and patted it, wearing a competitive smirk on her face, "I'll see you in the gym."

**

"So, you wanna talk about it?" Jaxon questioned, blocking Hope's stick.

"What's ‘it’ exactly?" Hope asked back, this time blocking Jaxon's stick from hitting her.

"Don't play dumb with me, Mikaelson." She rolled her eyes at his words, "Oh, so we're on last names basis again?"

"You never called me by my last name. Hand in hand?" He asked earning a nod from her as they both threw their sticks away, getting into a fighting stance.  "Was it about Landon?"

"It was about you, actually." She successfully blocked the punch he threw at her and attempted to kick him but he blocked it with his knees and looked at her with narrowed eyes, "what did you see?"

"Nothing for you to worry your stupid head about," she smirked at his annoyed expression, "your brain might hurt. We wouldn't want that, would we?"

Jaxon attempted to punch again but she again blocked him. She curled her hand into a fist and aimed for his face. However, before she could touch him, he grabbed her hand and twisted it behind her back before backing her into the wall.  He flashed her a proud smirk at the look on her face, "got you."

"I was distracted."

"Yeah?" He held her hand firmly behind her back and didn't let go when she was trying to free herself. He was way stronger than her and she knew it so she gave up and stopped trying to get her hand out of his grip.

Instead, she brought her other hand and ran it through his hair earning a questioning look from him. He said nothing when she trailed her hand from his neck to his chest and kept going lower and lower. His breath hitched at her actions, "what— what are you doing?"

"What am I doing?" She asked back with an innocent look on her face, inching her face closer to his and her hand closer until she finally palmed him through his shorts. He inhaled sharply before clenching his jaw as he placed his hand on the wall beside her head. Smirking, she brought her face closer to his and softly squeezed him making him shut his eyes, letting out a low groan. "Don't start something you won't be able to finish."

"Bold of you to assume that I won't be able to finish," she whispered, trailing the tip of her tongue across his lips, "let's take it to the room, shall we?"

"Jax, have you seen dad—" Lizzie cut herself off with a scream as her eyes landed on what was happening in front of her. "You have a room for god's sake!"

"I said nothing when you and Raf were fucking here though," Jaxon mumbled, grabbing Hope's wrist as he led her towards the exit. Lizzie's eyes widened at that, she wasn't aware that Jaxon saw that.

"Wait, Lizzie and Raf slept together?" Hope whispered to Jaxon as they went to his room. He hummed, closing the door once they were in before pinning her against the wall in one swift move, "you were being so bold back there. Are you—" he was cut off when she placed her lips on his.