49

JAXON AND HOPE COULDN'T GO further as they were interrupted by the sound of someone knocking on Jaxon's door.

Groaning, he pulled away and quickly walked over to his wardrobe while Hope fixed her hair a little, not looking at Jaxon who slid a pair of sweatpants and a shirt on. She then went to open the door, finding Alaric standing there.

"Did I disturb anything?" he asked, eyes flickering between the two, "Don't answer that. I need to talk to you two. Follow me." With that, he began walking away in the direction of the library.

The two teenagers exchanged a look before shrugging and following their headmaster. Once they were in the library, Alaric sat down on one of the chairs and looked at them, "I know there's something you two are not telling me. About today... About what happened with Landon and all that. So, tell me."

And then Jaxon and Hope began telling Alaric everything that happened— from How they found Seylah to what happened with the merman and the whole explosion thing going off. Alaric held a confused expression on his face the whole time.

"Which brings me to my question, what's next?" Hope inquired, raising her brows at Alaric who exchanged a look with the two before sighing, "how am I supposed to know? I don't remember anything you two just said."

"You'll know because you always know," Hope said, "Because you're a good Headmaster in spite of all the things that I say."

Alaric let out a scoff followed by a soft laugh, "well, in that case... I think the only question we should be asking ourselves is... Why do you two remember?"

"We don't know," Jaxon replied, glancing at Hope, "but I can't imagine that it's good."

"And we can lie to Landon about all of this," Hope continued, "but I'm sorry, Dr Saltzman, I—  we can't just lie to you." Alaric looked at her while she added, "cause I really need your help."

"Okay now tell me what's going on between you two?" Alaric has been dying to know what was going on between his two students— whom he treated like his own.

"We are..." Hope paused, looking at Jaxon as she bit her lip, "a thing— a couple or however you put it."

"As in boyfriend," Alaric looked at Jaxon then at Hope when he said the last part, "and girlfriend?"

"Yeah," Jaxon nodded, smirking at the baffled expression on Alaric's face, "that."

"Wow..." Alaric breathed out, "I never thought this would happen. I thought this..." His finger darted from Jaxon to Hope back and forth, "you two were impossible. But turns out I was wrong— what— when did this happen?"

"Hope here was jealous because I was spending time with Penelope so then she came to me and told me that she likes me very very very much," Jaxon replied in a mocking tone, "and then you know... Things happened."

"What things?" Alaric inquired, narrowing his eyes at Jaxon who smirked suggestively. "You know, we did this thi—"

"—Oh, alright stop right there!" Alaric cut him off, shaking his head, "that's great. I'm happy for you two. If you need help with anything you know, with your new relationship and all that, I'm here."

"Speaking of, there's one more thing..." Hope stood up from her chair and walked over her bag before taking out the urn then placing it on the table in front of Alaric and Jaxon.

Alaric eyed the object, "I take it that's the urn I don't remember."

"Yeah," Hope nodded, "I figured it was better to have it here than to leave it laying around."

"So what happens now?" Alaric questioned just as the urn started shining a sort of orange colour. The three exchanged a look while Jaxon exhaled, "I think we're about to find out."

———————————

I'm sorry for the short chapter but things are about to get interesting :)