55

"IF IT'S GOOEY, THEN IT'S NOT DONE." Hope said as both her and Jaxon were staring at the cake inside the oven.

Jaxon hummed, "are you sure cake decorating counts as a talent?"

"Well," she shot him a look, "you straight up refused to dance salsa with me or to try synchronized ribbon dancing. Basically everything I proposed, you refused."

"I happen to have a reputation to keep." Jaxon huffed.

"Okay, well... cake decorating it is. And you know what? You're gonna like it." She then threw some of the decorating stuff at him and began laughing. "Sorry."

"I like whatever's gotten into you lately. You're acting more... you know, freely."

"Yeah?" She smiled, approaching him before placing a soft kiss on his lips just as a slug came out from her ear and began crawling on Jaxon's face to his ear. Just then, Hope broke the kiss.

However before it could enter, Jaxon felt as if someone electrocuted him and the slug fell on the ground.

Looking down, he made a disgusted face before bending down to pick it up, feeling some weird thing radiating off it. "What the fuck was that? Did that shit just come out of your ear and was trying to get into mine?"

He stared at the slug in between his fingers, then at Hope who was silent. He stared deeper as if he was looking inside her soul and frowned when he noticed something different. He did not know what but there was some different. Something similar to the feeling he was getting from the slug.

"The only thing..." Hope began speaking, "...that would make this day better is if we went and got rid of that urn. We'll just grab the damn thing and take it wherever it leads us."

Jaxon scoffed, "I knew there was something wrong with you."

He stared at the Slug he was holding intently and set it on fire before throwing it away, letting it burn. Then he looked at Hope. "I'm not even going to apologize for this."

"What are yo—" she was cut off when he placed his either hands on both her shoulders and lightly electrocuted her, making her whole body tingle. He watched as a similar slug fell from her ear.

Hope watched in complete horror as Jaxon stepped on it. "Looks like the unicorn isn't as harmless as you thought it was."

"What the hell was that?" She breathed out, both of them having forgotten their cake in the oven.

"I think I know."

**

"Mr. Williams, we need your help. Dr. Saltzman's been MIA, and this creepy slug came out of my ear."

Turning around, Dorian showed Jaxon and Hope a slug he caught in a jar, "did it look like this?"

"Yep, exactly like that."

"This one tried getting into me," Dorian said, "I was hoping it was the only one. I think our harmless friend the unicorn brought it onto school grounds to infect all of us."

Just then, the unicorn began acting like it was crazy then after a few seconds, it dropped dead on the ground. "See? Harmless."

**

"Okay, we have no idea how long the unicorn was infected before it keeled over, so we should figure this out right now." Dorian spoke to Hope and Jaxon who were both staring at the slug in the jar.

"I thought only one monster comes for the urn at a time."

"Except the unicorn wasn't the monster. It was just the host to this thing. A parasite. It hitched a ride here in that Trojan horse, and then it moved on to us. From what Hope describes, it sounds like it latches onto the prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain associated with inhibitions." Dorian explained to which Hope asked, "So, I was slug-drunk?"

"Since we have multiple slugs, it must replicate inside the host, and then lie in wait for the opportunity to infect someone else."

"It couldn't get into Jaxon. I mean, it was about to but it fell right on the ground." Hope said making Dorian look at Jaxon, "how?"

"What, don't you guys know that I have this sort of power that protects my body from any bacterias, infections— and parasites included? That's why I can't fall sick."

"Forgot about that." Dorian said as Hope asked, "how do we stop it?"

"That's the weirdest part," the teacher sighed, "I can't find any ancient legends about a creature like this."

"Did you see this?" Dorian pointed to the slug, "parts of this thing look bioluminescent. Let me check that out." He used a torch to look at the slug and a small line of blue light could be seen on Hope's face.

"I don't want to know, do I?" Hope asked to which they shook their heads, "Probably not."

"You know what? We can use these lights to find anyone who's been infected." Jaxon suggested.

_________________

I was wondering— what do you ppl say about a Klaus X Female OC Fanfic next?

UPDATE : So i have written one and you can find it on my profile. Its called 'Cursed Witch', I'd appreciate it if you check it out.