61

SOME PEOPLE FIND IT helps to clear their conscience before heading into battle," Lizzie spoke up, her hands shoved into her pockets as she walked beside Josie who was walking in between her and Hope with Jaxon's on his girlfriend's other side and Alaric in front of them all, holding a crossbow.

"Not stopping you," Hope said in a bored tone, keeping her eyes fixed on the street ahead in case of danger.

"Now is not the time," Josie sighed to which Lizzie shook her head in disagreement, "it's always time for truth. Last chance, Hope. If you didn't start that fire to keep us from going, then why were you so mean to me after? I'll tell you why, because you were guilty."

Jaxon walked up to Ric and started walking beside him, not wanting to assist yet another of their argument.

"Tell her to stop," he said to the headmaster, "I'm one step away from blocking Lizzie's voice. Yes I can do that, I've recently found out when I accidentally blocked my own voice while in the sho—" he cut himself off, shaking his head and clearing his throat, "—you don't need all those details. Make her stop."

"You can seriously do that?" Alaric raised his brows at Jaxon, "then what were you waiting for when we were in the car?"

Jaxon shrugged in response as Alaric said to the girls, "Girls! Quiet back there, please. Seriously."

"I wasn't mean to you," Hope said, ignoring Alaric's demand, "you were mean to me."

"What about her?" Alaric asked Jaxon with a taunting smirk, "ever considered blocking her voice?"

"Yeah—" Jaxon nodded, adding, "—quiet a lot actually but that was before we were a thing. I didn't know I could do that. If I did, trust me I would've done it."

"Because you were telling people about my episode," Lizzie retorted.

"Your what?"

"My episode," Lizzie repeated, "The one I had when our trip got cancelled. You told everyone that I was witch bipolar."

"I would never do that," Hope defended making Josie sigh, "Guys, seriously, what is the point of even talking—" she was cut off by Lizzie who said to Hope, "— Just drop the act. I had my first... occurrence, my mom took me away to get help, and you decided to use it against me."

"Guys..."

"I didn't even know," Hope said as Jaxon walked back to them, sensing something which was coming off Josie, "I swear, I would never do that."

Jaxon stood in between Hope and Josie, leaning down to whisper in her ears when the two were busy arguing, "is there something you're not telling them?"

Josie stiffened at that which confirmed Jaxon's doubts. He hummed, "I have a feeling that I don't wanna know."

"You don't," Josie whispered back, shooting him a look as she glanced at Hope who was busy talking to Lizzie, "trust me, you really don't."

The glance didn't go unnoticed by the half god who instantly connected the dots. He knew it. He rolled his eyes at Josie, "that was a hint, wasn't it?"

She shrugged as He threw an arm around her shoulders, "you know I've always known about it. Just never talked about it with you."

"You did?" Josie asked to which he nodded, "of course. I can literally feel other people's feelings—"

"—except yours," Josie cut in resulting in Jaxon rolling his eyes, "whatever. Hey, at least one of us got her."

She smiled at that, nodding, "anyway, if not, I wouldn't have gotten Penelope—" she paused, halting in her steps when she noticed something in front of them, "There's a mummy on Main Street."

"Why didn't you tell us that you had a twin, Ric?" Jaxon asked, staring at the mummy who was standing feet away from them.

_________________

Sorry for the short chapter— well actually all of the chapters are short but this one is a little bit more short. I've been incredibly busy with that shit we call school and watching stranger things season 4 soo yeah. Expect more chapters later today & thank you for 40K reads <3🤍