Chapter Twenty

"Tenshi, I..."

Cane trailed off when he saw Airos sitting at the top of the stairs. It took him a few seconds to notice that Aletta was wrapped in his arms. The others, who were just getting there, let out a gasp at the sight. Ethan felt his anger boil up at the man in black. Airos suddenly looked down at the small group, noticing them for the first time.

"Hn. Looks like your friends came to say hello. Tell me, which one is your lover?"

Aletta's eyes snapped open and she looked down at the five. Panic set in and she frantically motioned for them to leave with her eyes. Rich and Khris saw and pulled Iceara and Cane back into the hall. Ethan, however, stayed where he was. "Just go. I'll be okay," she mouthed to him. Throwing Airos another evil glare, Ethan went back inside with the others.

"They don't know about what really goes on between us, do they?"

"Why should they?" Aletta said, smirking. "They see you as an evil, heartless bastard and wouldn't believe otherwise."

Airos stood up and released his child. She stood as well and turned to face him. Cautiously, she reached out and wrapped her arms around his waist in a quick hug before stepping back to the edge of the stairs. She knew what would have to happen next and she braced herself.

"I forgive you for everything that has happened and that will happen," she whispered.

Airos reached out to Aletta and she began to fall backwards.