ch 18

Gu Liu carefully looked at Ah Shu's eyes and found that the retina of Ah Shu's left eye was partially bulging, with a large number of white exudative spots in the posterior pole, and the vitreous was cloudy[1]. The right eye also had a partial retinal bulge. In the middle, the bulge of the right eye also moved.

    Seeing this, Gu Liu already had a guess in his heart. He bought another B-ultrasound in the system and spent 200 HP. After seeing the results, his guess was confirmed.

    Ah Shu couldn't see anything. When Gu Liu turned on the operating light, she was startled by the bright light. Although she couldn't see, she could still feel the light. At that moment, she almost thought she was placed under the sun, but She was obviously in the cave now, thinking of Gu Liu's previous advice, she didn't dare to ask more, but she was even more in awe of Gu Liu in her heart.

    Later, the light in front of him dimmed, and Ah Shu sat and waited on the right. He didn't hear Gu Liu's words. He felt a little flustered and asked, "Doctor, what's wrong with my eyes?"

    Gu Liu asked her, "Before you can't see your eyes. Have you ever eaten raw meat?"

    Ah Shu said, the days when she could not see her eyes were not long, she recalled a little and said, "No, before I can't see my eyes, I ate boiled meat."

    Gu Liu asked She: "What about before? A long time ago."

    Ah Shu still shook his head, but Xia turned around and interjected: "Amu, don't you remember? When the winter passed and the spring arrived, Father caught Long Fang. Beast, Grandpa said that the meat of long-toothed beasts is not delicious when cooked, so you and Grandpa eat it raw."

    "Oh yes, I remembered that I did eat raw meat at that time. Is it related to eating raw meat that time?"

    Gu Liu: "It's very possible, you won't eat raw meat again in the future."

    Ah Shu was also puzzled: "But it's been so long..."

    Gu Liu asked to lift his upper body slightly. Ah Shu lay down again and said, "The flesh of those beasts contains tiny worms and eggs. If you eat those worms and eggs raw, they will enter the human body. Your eyes cannot see because of the worms. The incubation period of bugs and eggs can be very long, and some even appear for several years."

    Whether it was Ashu, Xia or Adu, they were all taken aback. Are there bugs in Ashu's eyes? !

    A Du and Xia ran over to have a look, but couldn't see anything, Gu Liu asked them to guard the door and count the things they needed in the medicine box.

    In fact, this situation is not uncommon in China. Chinese people like to eat pork, and there is a parasite called pig tapeworm in pork. However, after cooking at high temperature, the pig tapeworm will naturally die. Some people choose to eat raw pork. Once they eat raw pork containing tapeworm eggs, they are prone to develop parasitic diseases.

    This disease is collectively referred to as cysticercosis, which is parasitic in the subcutaneous tissue, muscles and nervous system[2]. The symptoms of Ah Shu this time are exactly the same as those of ocular cysticercosis. Gu Liu also found it in Ah Shu’s two eyes. The figure of cysticercosis.

    The reason why her left eye suddenly became inflamed is precisely because the cysticercus in the left eye died, and the fluid in the worm body flowed out, causing an eye infection. come out.

    This is also where Gu Liu feels a headache. If it is cysticercosis of the body or the brain, Gu Liu can be solved by means of traditional Chinese medicine. Acupuncture and medicine are effective in the treatment of cysticercosis, even modern medicine. The cysticerci in the muscles and brain can also be killed with medicine, but it is in the eyes, and traditional Chinese medicine cannot be used.