The Start of Inazuma Japan

"Looks like we both got an invitation letter," Luke said, giving James a letter with his name on it, stamped with what looked like to be Inazuma Japan's emblem. It had been a few weeks after the final of the Football Frontier and now everyone was talking about the upcoming FFI. The letter said that they were candidates of the Japan team and were invited to the opening ceremony that was to be in a week.

"I'm not going." James said.

"Why not?" 

"I'm going to England, and I'll be there for a while,"

"Will you be at the FFI?"

"Of course, if I make it in,"

"Why are you telling me so late and so casually?" 

"I just.... forgot."

..........

James went to England by plane and went to Wembley Stadium, where the announcements for the English team would be made. I'm sorry guys, but I really want to play against you, and it's a chance to play with Edgar again. He entered the stadium and went onto the pitch to find that there was barely anybody there and certainly no audience. 

"Edgar isn't here? Did I get the date wrong?" James mumbled.

"Oh, are you here for the team ceremony?" A man asked, approaching him with 24 players behind him.

"Yeah. Did I get the date wrong?"

"Yes, but you didn't make it anyway."

"Oh, okay, well done you guys," James said as he awkwardly made his exit and decided to call Edgar.

"Hey, how come the team's already been selected?"

"They moved the date yesterday when it was night for you in Japan and they selected people nobody has even heard of, I think they're all Orion's disciples."

"I just wish we could play together."

"Same here but it doesn't seem possible, so if I were you, I would go back to Japan and play there."

"Of course, but I'm not wasting this trip, let's meet in the park and play football in an hour. I'll keep you updated on anything that happens back in Japan when I go back, as always."

........

James stayed in England for a week and returned on the day of the ceremony, but he was still on the plane back as his flight was delayed, so he decided to watch the ceremony on his phone. It was announced that Raimon's coach, Coach Zhao would be the coach of Inazuma Japan with Coach Kudou as assistant coach. A lot of players from different teams were there, but only the best players from certain teams, Genda, Sakuma and Fudou were the only ones from Teikoku while Fubuki, Atsuya and Nae were the only ones from Hakuren, for example. 

"How come every single Raimon member is here?" Luke asked.

"It's because they're the school who won." Kidou answered.

"I don't find that fair, but oh well." 

"Where are the rest of your team members?" Gouenji asked, towards Luke and Touko.

"They wanted to play for their mother nations." Touko huffed. 

Coach Zhao made his way to the stage as the roar of the crowd slowly quietened down as he was walking, he got to the stage and pressed a red button, and on the screen, it starting showing the members selected one by one for each position, also showing highlights of the named players at the FF as well.

"Forwards: Gouenji Shuuya, Haizaki Ryouhei, Kira Hiroto, Goujin Tetsunosuke."

"Midfielders: Inamori Asuto, Kidou Yuuto, Hiura Kirina, Ichihoshi Mitsuru, Kiyama Tatsuya, Fudou Akio, Nosaka Yuuma, James Smith, Luke Smith"