Further Explanation of The Flashback

So when James was born, he was born in London, England. His dad was Moroccan and his mum was English. As you know, James has  2 powers which were photographic memory (can remember everything basically) and telekinesis but these can both go under 'extraordinary brain development' on a part of his brain, and these powers manifested when he was small, but only when he wasn't in a stable state (emotionally), so either extremely happy, excited etc or extremely sad, angry etc. 

In the flashback/dream, we saw James' real dad say that they will all be in trouble because of his powers. James' dad as we saw, had powers which was Electricity, he can shoot electric sparks from his hand as a beam to attack, shock people etc, and from experience, he knows that showing powers, especially from a young age will gain attention from a certain organisation (which will be revealed later on, or you may already know) and they will try to kidnap you/your child if you don't let them. (A young age is better because at that age, you don't really know right from wrong and can be taught to believe wrong is right or vice-versa more easily.) James' dad actually wanted what was best for James, but got paranoid about it and took it out on his mum, which James saw and retaliated, and since he didn't have proper control over his powers, he lost consciousness after and when he awoke, he didn't remember what happened, and as he was in a normal state when he was awake, his powers weren't of any help. When his mum gained consciousness again, she saw her husband in a pool of blood and came to the conclusion James killed him, she didn't know how she would handle him and how she would cope, so she ran. Emma then came and saw that nobody was there so she took James to the hospital, where he refused to eat or drink anything, so they gave him a memory replacing drug like Coach Travis did to Cammy.

I hope you're enjoying the story so far, that's all I can reveal to you for now. Stay safe and enjoy your day!