Tony...

~Your Pov~

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously, you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." Tony walked out of the glass-walled office hanging up a call.

"'Consequences'?"

Steve curiously asked as I stood a few inches behind Sam and Steve. "Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something,"

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Natasha turns around walking with Tony. "Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too." 

"That's cold,"

Tony turned around to face Sam and Steve "Warmer than jail," He stopped his tracks making close eye contact with me. Crap! Quickly looking away from his gaze to feel a hand on my shoulder I slowly look up to see Steve pulling me towards his chest.

"Got something to say Stark?"

My eyes slowly looked at Tony who quickly looked away "Nothing rogers. You two follow me." Steve lets go of me as we trailed behind Tony walking into the glass office. I pulled out a chair to sit down as Steve walks around the office watching the monitors.

Tony walks out of the office leaving Steve and I alone together. We both stood quiet 

"So...how do you know bucky?"

Steve finally spoke up with his eyes glued on the monitors "We met each other when he was held captive in hydra. I made a promise to help him, but I guess it got ruined by the government haunting him down,"

Steve turned around staring back at me as he opens his mouth "Hey, you wanna see something cool? I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely." Tony walked into the room holding a small black case in his hands.

He opens the case to show two vintage pens placing them in front of Steve. 

"FDR signed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1941. Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most."

Steve stared down at the pens with a slight smile on his face "Some would say it brought our country closer to war." 

Tony sat down next to Steve "See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here. I'm trying to . . . what do you call it? That's an olive branch. Is that what you call it?" Tony's eyes averted over to me as I slowly look away from his gaze looking up at the monitor in the room.

"A few months ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had to mop up HYDRA . . . and then Ultron. My fault. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose her. I thought maybe the accords could split the difference."

"I'm a handful. Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, but he and Mom always made it work." Slowly looking down away from the monitors. 

I looked up to see Tony's back facing me "You know, I'm glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single."

"Oh, really? You two knew each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God, I hated you." He puts his jacket back on as Steve narrows his eyes looking up at him.

"I don't mean to make things difficult..."

"I know because you're a very polite person. And so are you Y/n. Sending clones of yourself to heal the injures and help maintain the fights" Tony begins to walk a bit around the glass office as I stood quiet.

"If I see a situation pointed south . . . I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could."

"No, you don't."

"No, I don't. Sometimes . . ." Steve smiles thinly at Tony "Sometimes I wanna punch you in your perfect teeth. But I don't wanna see you gone. We need you, Cap. So far, nothing's happened that can't be undone, if you sign. We can make the last 24 hours legit. Barnes gets transferred to an American psych center. . . instead of a Wakandan prison.

Steve frowns thoughtfully before picking up one of the fountain pens. He stands up and paces, before turning to Tony. In the control room beyond there are multiple screens on the walls. "I'm not saying it's impossible, but there would have to be a safeguard,"

Tony turned his attention over to me picking up one of the fountain pens. "Things can change with your signature y/n. You've always known what to do in any situation," Sliding the pen in front of me.

Taking in a deep breath "I'm sorry tony...but I'm needed to be somewhere else." I got up from my chair as Tony put his hand on the door handle stopping me from leaving the room. 

"Tony? What are you doing?!?"

"Capsicle has his reasons for not signing. It's your turn to say the reason for not signing,"

 I turned around to walk away from him as I stop my tracks at the end of the glass office. "A queen never needs to explain herself,"

Closing my eyes as I took a few steps forward to turn around to find myself outside of the glass office. 

"Goodbye,"