18

I am blown away by the sudden support that just dropped over the past few days! I loved opening the app to see a bunch of people commenting and adding this to their reading lists :D

Thank to everyone offering help and suggestions to help me with the story!

And thank you for almost 2K reads!!

Unfortunately this first story is coming to an end :( but please read any notes at the end for a special announcement and some questions!

happy reading!!

"Did you hear about that girl who collapsed?" Raven asked quietly, leaning in over our table in the cafeteria.

I'd been looking around, trying to find Elias, Erin, and Alex.

They were quite busy lately, especially Elias due to a strange disease spreading around suddenly.

I was worried they hadn't been taking care of themselves. It'd been a week since we got together.

"Yeah. She's got some weird illness." Mars exclaimed, leaning in as well. "Did Elias tell you anything?" She then asked me.

I shook my head. "No. I haven't seen him today, I know as much as you all do." I told them.

I hope Elias is staying away from the girl, I wouldn't want him catching whatever she has. As selfish as that may sound.

I noticed Alex walk in with a friend, meeting my eyes before grabbing a drink and walking over.

He bent down to my ear.

"Elias will train with you in the evening today, he's been a bit distracted. Sorry baby." He whispered, rubbing his hand down my back.

I smiled and nudged his head with my own before leaning up to his ear.

"If you see him, tell him not to feel bad. I know he's dealing with that girl. He's been taking care of himself right?" I questioned.

Alex nodded, keeping a blank face in public but his eyes were smiling at me.

"He's alright. I'll see you after classes darling." He kissed my head, butterflies infiltrating my stomach.

He brushed against me as he walked away and I smiled softly. Mars chuckled, arm around Aki.

"You guys are so disgustingly cute." She shook her head. I shrugged.

"I just hope Elias is okay, I know he's been going to see that girl in the hospital." I muttered.

"I'm sure he's okay, he's a tough guy. Don't worry so much." Aki reached a hand out to pat my arm. It was slightly comforting, but I couldn't help the feeling in my chest that something was going to go horribly wrong.

I took a sip of my drink, almost spitting it out as a girl's piercing scream echoes through the room.

A sudden silence washes over as we all look around, trying to find the source of the shrieking. I see a small crowd around one of the tables.

Everyone stands, trying to get a better look and I do the same. I peer through the crowd, walking forward a little trying to see.

I flinch as the screaming gets louder and flinch again when a warm hand settles on my back.

I turned to see Elias standing beside me, glancing down at me before he turned his attention back to the crowd.

Isaac and some other adults have arrived and shooed away the other kids.