11

i literally am in capable of writing realistically

my head was thumping, I could feel my heart pounding.

the pulling and ripping and stabbing pain was gone.

but how?

all I did was think?

my eyes opened and my breathing calmed down. my hands relaxed under Erin's.

"all better?" he practically whispered.

I looked up at his eyes.

"y-yes." I shakily breathed. his lips quirked.

"good, you did so good." he said.

my cheeks flushed at his words. I liked that.

I let my hands slip down to my knees.

"can you stand?" Erin asked me. I had no idea but I figured id try.

I nodded and he pulled me up with him. I stumbled dizzily but I didn't fall.

Aki had moved off to the side with Raven as they watched me. as soon as I was standing they both rushed over.

"are you alright? what the hell happened there?" Raven asked me. I shrugged not knowing myself.

Ravens eyes lit up for a moment.

"you're getting your powers?" She gasped. I furrowed my brows at her.

"how'd you know that?" Aki asked her.

"Erin let his guard down this time." She shrugged.

I looked at Erin as he rolled his eyes at her.

"usually he can block out the mind readers." Raven mumbled, explaining to Aki and I.

"what do you mean I'm getting my powers?" I asked. Erin didn't answer for a moment.

"the signs you showed were similar to things we've seen before. a bit different but there were similarities. a type of mind power, don't know which one yet." he finally said.

mind powers.

so fucking cool.

"we should head back, Isaac will want to speak with you." Erin said quietly.

each of us nodded and I realized I was still gripping Erin's hand.

flushing red I quickly dropped it, almost missing the subtle smirk played on his lips.

it disappeared after a brief second.

we followed him out of the TARGET, Aki holding my arm to keep me upright.

"he probably will want to ask you questions about what happened, maybe give you a small test to decipher your power." Raven guessed.

"How will he know?" I ask her, there's a faint breeze as we walk through the city, making me chilled.

"What if he gives you the tests like the old doctors...?" Aki whispers. A sudden surge of fear ran through my body at the thought of doing another test like that.

"No, no, no! It'll be nothing like that I promise. They wouldn't ever put you through that again." Raven said quickly. "It will probably be more like...questions or something." She added.

"Erin said it could be some sort of mind power. Any ideas?" I ask Raven.

Raven pursed her lips, thinking for a moment.

"Well...there's a wide range of all kinds of mind powers so it's hard to tell." She began. "Probably not mind reading, you were in pain and mind readers usually experience loud noise and lots of talking."