6

hello :]
it's been a while I've realized, thank you for 40 reads!

The man before us was stunning.

And when i say stunning i mean holy mother of hell was he an attractive dude.

He wore a black long sleeve shirt, rolled up to his elbows and black cargo pants. I thought I could see a little chain running along the waist band. He had dark hair, tumbling across his head in neat curls. He looked mad, like he was glaring at everything but at the same time no emotions were displayed on his face.

I could see his hand tattoos now, a skeleton, as if his hands were bones, and silver rings. Another tattoo peeked out from his shirt, along his neck, it looked like flames.

I was so distracted by the man before me I hadn't realized people had been filing out of the van. Mars still sat beside me, probably waiting for everyone to go out first, or waiting for me to move. I couldn't tell.

As the last person slid out, Mars got up. She looked back at me a moment before moving to the doors, I saw the pretty man follow Mars with his eyes as she left making sure she was ok before turning to me.

I froze a moment as he made eye contact, emotions of all kinds swirling in his eyes. I pushed myself off the back wall of the van and slid to the opening, I could feel the man's stare on me as I slid out hesitantly touching my foot to the debri flaked ground.

I stumbled a little trying to get around the two dead bodies. A pool of red and black blood set at my feet and I scrunch my nose. I look up trying to avoid the view below me. Instead I move my eyes to the beautiful man, only to find him staring back at me. His lip curls into a slight snarl before returning to its emotionless state.

Rude.

I stepped over the bodies and looked towards Mars who was standing there waiting for me. She gripped onto my arm but stayed silent as we walked towards the rest of the kids.

There were tall walls just like the last city, I couldn't see anything over them except the numerous guards standing atop the walls. I could see a large opening, where an oversized door was opened up, guards hurrying the teens from the vans into the safety of the walls.

"How do they act so normal after what just happened?" I whisper to Mars. She shakes her head.

"They've been out here longer than we have." Mars says.

Suddenly a hand grabbed onto my shoulder, I flinched as well as Mars.

"You might wanna get a move on kids, wait long enough and we'll get more of these buggers crawling out windows and coming right for ya." Isaac said, pushing us forward. He paused for a moment and looked back to where the beautiful man was walking behind us.

"Isaac." The beautiful man said, his tone dark and serious, sending shivers down my back.

"Elias!" Isaac began.

Elias.

"You get em all? We have to make sure these kids are safe." Isaac continued. Elias gave Isaac a short glance before pulling out a rag and wiping the inky demise blood off his knife.

"A team is looking around for any stragglers, pretty sure we got them." He said. Isaac reached over and patted him on the back.

The two men were pulled away by another guard and Mars and I walked up to the rest of the kids at the entrance.

"You think they can actually help us?"

I jumped as Oscar suddenly appeared next to me.

"Jeez! A little warning next time?" I gasped. Oscar glared and ignored me. "I don't know if they can, but they have to be better than the lab." I finally answered. We were slowly entering the foreign city, guards still shouting and gunshots heard from far away.