8

I've been writing this on Google docs so when I copy and paste it gets rid of italics and I'm too lazy to fix it

Raven paused at the entrance to the cafeteria and turned back to us.

"Here are the basics. Everyone here has a range of different powers. There are shifters, people who can fly, powers that control weather, connect with the earth, mind control, mind reading," She gestured to herself and Oscar, "living shields, superstrength, superspeed, indestructible beings, and more." She finished.

"I'll be honest with you. I have no idea what any of those are." Mars said. I nodded in agreement. Raven pursed her lips, her eyes squinting.

"You'll learn soon enough. Let's continue." She said.

We walked down a long hallway and back to the common room.

"This is the common room, it isn't quite a normal common room but it's close enough. We hold a lot of student meetings here, city meetings with the people who run the city, and parties if we have any. Otherwise students come here to hang out, study, whatever they want as long as it's not against the rules or approved by Isaac." Raven said.

The common room was nice, there were comfortable chairs beside the pillars on the staircases, small tables in between. There were few students sitting there chatting with open books as they studied. The room was lit warmly, nice boxes with fire inside hanging along the walls, producing a nice glow. There was carpet on the ground that matched the color of the walls, a dull red, patterned.

Raven led us up the stairs again, stopping at the top.

"These as you know are where students' rooms are, there's some more on the top floor but that's mostly rooms for the higher ups. That's only the right hallway though, on the left are most gyms, and classrooms for training and school." She explained, then she led us to another staircase going up to the third floor.

We walked to the left hallways. There were four small gyms, apparently those are big rooms for physical activities, and a bunch of smaller rooms with chairs and tables called classrooms. That's where people go to learn.

"And the other hallway is where important people sleep?" Mars asks. Raven nods and we walk towards the right hallway.

"We aren't allowed down here unless specifically asked to come. But you can walk to the other staircase and take a peek." She explained.

"Why do they get their own hallway?" I asked.

"Privacy reasons."

Isaac's voice startled me and we all spun around. He was leaning against the railing watching us. He didn't look angry so I took that as a good sign.

"Sorry sir, I know we aren't allowed back here but they were curious, thought it wouldn't hurt." Raven explained, twiddling her thumbs. Isaac raised up his hand.

"You're alright. Newbies are always curious and you weren't sneaking in." He said. "To continue answering your question, there are few of us who run this place and we felt for privacy reasons we get our rooms isolated from the students. We sometimes have private meetings in our rooms since they have more than just a bedroom." He explained.

"Rooms are soundproofed though. No one can overhear." Oscar said, confusion in his voice. Isaac furrowed his brows, confused on how Oscar knew that.

"Mindreader." Raven piped up before Isaac could ask. His face morphed into one of realization before he smiled again.

"That's true but, still, teachers and trainers stay up here and we feel more privacy for them is better also keeps the kids who can go through walls away." He said. Made sense to me.

"Mostly teachers and trainers stay up here. Plus Isaac since he's the leader, with his wife, and also Elias who's second in command with his boyfriends." Raven turned to us, continuing to explain.

Boyfriends. Damn.

"Ah! There's one actually. Erin!" Isaac called out. I turned around to look at a boy coming out of a room down the hallway.

The boyfriend? DAMN.

I swear I started drooling. Erin was just as hot as Elias. He had brown hair, piled at the top much like Elias except it was a more scruffy style rather than curls. He wore a fitting black t-shirt, showing off his muscles, and black sweatpants. Tattoos ran along his arms, a silver necklace draped around his neck and silver rings along his fingers. He looked angry, much like Elias did.

Erin glanced at our small out of place group, looking like he'd rather be anywhere but here. Still, he walked over and stood beside Isaac.

"Erin here is a shifter." Isaac explained.

He continued when he saw the look of confusion on our faces.

"A shifter meaning, he can change form into numerous animals, a wolf is usually preferred." Mars' mouth formed an O shape, I'm sure Oscar and I's faces looked the same. "Well, I have something to discuss with Erin so if you'll excuse me." Isaac smiled. We nodded and stepped out of the way watching the two men walk away.

"Do you want to hang out a bit longer Raven?" Mars asked as we arrived at our new room. Raven smiled at the offer.

"I'd love to, but I promised my friend I'd help her study for a quiz she has tomorrow. Maybe some other time?" She bit her lip.

"Of course! Come by whenever." Oscar smiled shyly.

Weird.

Mars and Oscar went into the room but I hesitated. I turned to Raven who was just about to leave.

"Um...Raven?" I mumbled. She hummed. "What uh, what is Elias' power? And what about his other boyfriend?" I tried to be subtle with my curiosity.

"So you are attracted to Elias and Erin?" She smirked.

I forgot she was a mindreader.

"It's merely a visual crush." I rushed. I sighed. "Don't tell them?" I winced. Raven chuckled.

"Of course I won't! Besides, I've never spoken to them. They are very closed off, keep to themselves and their close friends." She reassured. "To answer your question, Elias can teleport, he rarely does but it's helpful when fighting. He also has fire powers, somehow got two abilities. As for the last boyfriend, Alex, he has wings, I assume he only brings those out when training." Raven explained.

I nodded. I don't even know why I asked. I just found them attractive, nothing more.

"Don't lie to yourself." Raven cut in.

Stop reading my mind.

Raven giggled a quick 'bye' before disappearing down the hall.