Chapter 21 : His cries.

WANRING !! MENTIONS OF ;;
B!00D + WEAPONARY  [ g*ns etc. ]

The smile, ingrained into the yaksha's mind, as Venti took his very last breath.

"Ven.. VENTI N-"

Xiao ran to him but..

BANG !!
He pulled the trigger.

The yaksha watches in horror, his breath becoming unsteady when he saw the bard take his last one. Tears began to pour out as he witnesses Winddust's body fall onto the floor. The blood leaking out from Venti's head and spilling out onto the bathroom's floor. Distant and quiet footsteps were heard, accompanied with a few muffled screams and talking. However a sudden loud ringing was more overwhelming to the yaksha. He stares at the bard and the truth hits him.

"Venti.."

The adepti mutters out, the ringer increases in volume, blocking out the sounds from reality. The more he stares at the body, the more his world darkens. He slowly approaches Venti and kneels, he picked up the bleeding boy, the ringing deafens Xiao as desperation overwhelms him.

"Wake up.."

His view blurs as he tears dwell over his eyes, dripping down onto Venti. He didn't respond, the adeptus kept looking at the bard; hoping for him to say something but he laid there silent. More blood slowly escapes as the desperation grows. Xiao's heartbeat banged loud in his ears but Venti's..

"WAKE UP..!!"

The Yaksha chokes and screamed, his cries for a slight hope that his bard was alive. He grew tired as his last tear he could spare dropped onto Venti. He carried Venti then sprinted out of the room, pushing everyone aside that was blocking his way.

He lunged, jogged and did everything he could to find the nearest hospital. His eyes caught sight of one and ran to the clinic. The stress of time overwhelmed the poor adeptus and when he attempted to explain everything to the receptionist, his words were mixed up; mumbling as he felt petrified.

Luckily the nurse saw Venti's wound and called a few doctors and nurses, however Xiao didn't hear a single thing she said, everything was flickering in his eyes, felt the room was shaking, he looked at Venti one last time.

"Please .. hold on.."

"I'm begging you.."

"You'll be fine.. I promise.."

He watches as the nurses took Venti away from Xiao, being place onto a movable bed with a blanket over him, an oxygen tank next to him. He stood there, his tears began to form again and escape, he saw the receptionist suggest something to him but he couldn't hear what he had said. Silence arose however Xiao could hear the voices, his cries, and the bard's last breath. He began to sob as he covers his face with his arms,

"Why.. why did you do it, when I still have yet to confess."

A / N : boo !! did i make you cry ? ~
sorry for a short angst chapter- but honestly this was to be expected 💀 yall should've mentally prepared yourself so don't be mad at me !!
[ i have the alternative ending written down so just tell me if you wanna read it :D ]
[ also if you saw me accidentally publish this chapter and the alternative ending,, you didn't see it <3 ]
alrighttt,, ty for all the recent support,, votes and fun comments :D and i hope you'll have a lovely time waiting for more chapters,, byebye !!

word count : 559