Chapter 18 : Search ( 5 )

The siblings went their different ways and 'Lumine' followed the Adepti. The venture to the building was quite awkward and awfully long. It being Yanfei and Hu Tao being lovesick to each other, Lumine just trying to ignore them and Xiao being faster than them because he could barely stand being near people for long hours. But Venti .. he was a different case for Xiao.

Venti could stay by Xiao's side for hours till end and never get sick of him. Tunes he'd create just for Xiao to relax and listen to, his lovely upbeat attitude though some times it being annoying, and that one little incident .. he wish to forget but also not.

It's a strong friendship. He liked to imagine that, and nothing more and nothing less. Could it be him deny is love for a cute bard? Maybe so. But he wouldn't admit it, Yaksha found love to be a silly thing.

Although Xiao was immersed with his loud thoughts, he was brought back to this painful life of his when Hu Tao went to bug him just a little more before they arrived at their base, the clan's home.

"Is this where you guys gather around." The blonde asked, not much impressed. The building was taken by an abandoned hotel, they took the first floor and made it their meetings and much more.

"You've never really taken me here, have you TaoTao?" Yanfei said, a realisation hit Cherry.

"Oh!! Yeah it's your first time being here. Welcome to the Adepti Clan's home!" She showed off the building's exterior but there wasn't much to be amazed off honestly.

"Let's just head inside already." The already annoyed boy said and opened the door.

The rest followed in and saw a tall ginger man that was designed with ocean blue eyes, pale skin and a cheeky smile.In front of him was the Boss, Rex Lapis.

Before Xiao could even explain what's with the sudden new faces, Lumine was in shock. As she saw the gingered man, her body boiled with anger and revenge, went and charged at him.

"you bitch.." She whispered under her breath and the poor man was caught off guard but fortunately, Rex Lapis had blocked her way from doing anything to the ginger.

"Oh! I see, You look well Lumine." The unknown man spoke with a smirk on his face.

"You left the abyss. So much for being loyal." The blonde sent daggers at the ginger with her intimidating glare. He'd only laugh as Rex Lapis sighed.

"Sorry Rex Lapis.." Xiao apologised while looking away. The couple was just shocked from Lumine's reaction, it was unexpected and they rushed over to her.

As the leader regained his thoughts, he then spoke softly "What brings you here?" Asking the blonde girl.

She caught her breathe and calmed herself down from her anger; her response arrived.
"I wish to join your clan to find Venti."

"But.. I'm right here .. ?"

A / N : i'm back !! did you guys miss me ~ ? tbh i realised i didn't really need to post that announcement channel but whatever- this shall be the end of the " Search " chapters !! :D or is it ? ehe but you guys better enjoy your day !! also ty for the votes !!- hugs to my voters and love to my readers !! i reached 1k reads and that's quite unbelievable ! ily all for that,, now see you in the next chapterrr ~ :>

word count : 572