Chapter 10 : Remember .. ?

"Best for everyone to rest here or stroll back to their home." The browned-hair man suggestion had seemed to remind Cherry a thought.

"I forgot! She must be waiting for me. Thanks for the reminder, old man! I'll be packing up and leaving." Cherry hopped off the table she was sitting on then sprinted to the wardrobe room.

"Right! I need to go.. home.. home." When that was said Venti become more reserved, his memories of what Rex Lapis calls 'Home' had blurred out.

"Have you lost sight of what your home is?"

"No, I'm just quite tired to head home! You wouldn't mind me staying overnight?" Rex Lapis felt that no truth in that sentence was spoken however, he concluded it won't bring any harm but is now more alert and wary.

"If you insist. Then I shall assign you in the same room as Yaksha since there are no rooms left to sleep."

Adeptus Xiao had a change of facial expression.

"Sir Rex Lapis, I-"

"I will not allow you to sleep on the couch. I trust you enough to stay true to your other title. "

He soon kept quiet and nodded. Later on, he gestured for Winddust to follow him, and Venti did. They both entered a room with a bed and some decorations that appeared to fit Yaksha's taste.

"Don't mess up my room. I wish to keep it clean, though don't feel on edge."

He soon explained then took off his shoes and placed them in a hidden closet. Venti explored the room, was quite fascinated by it and enjoyed a few of his decor. The Adeptus went to lie on his single bed and began to scroll through his phone.

"Hey, why not chat with me! I'm quite bored and members should get close to each other correct?"

Yaksha looked up at Venti; giving a confused plus irritated expression and to see him sitting on the bed at the opposite end. Venti only smiles in return, Adeptus Xiao scoffs but turns off his phone.

"What is it you wish to talk about."

"Let me properly introduce myself. I'm well .. Winddust. I enjoy playing the instruments and wine! Speaking of wine, do you guys have.. what was it called .." Venti's mind couldn't get around to what he was talking about.

"You have such horrible memory, I'm surprised you even remember the task."

"Ehe~ I sadly barely remember its name but I swear! You can trust me with missions." He attempts to reassure but Yaksha had rolled his eyes and paid his attention elsewhere; failing to not make Adeptus Xiao trust Venti. He sighs at his failure gazed off to the night sky through the window.

"Yknow ! This moment reminds me of a song, hold on just let me get my lyre!" Venti hopped off the bed and exits his room.

Moments after Venti had left the room, he entered back but instead with a flute in sad and a quite disappointed frown. He sat back down on the bed and let out another sigh.

"I kinda um.. forgot to bring my lyre and brought a flute instead ehe.. But it works out because I can play it!"

"Go on then." The other boy spoke, expecting him to play horribly and his ears go dead but, it turned out completely opposite. The melody was so soothing to listen to, the tune had spread across the room but was enjoyable. The burden Adeptus Xiao had carried suddenly quieted down; the screams of agony weren't as audible as this moment, the demand of death in his mind had vanished, the karma that follows around, all gone only from a simple melody.

He relaxed and closed his eyes, resting from the hardship of baring through the suffering he received from the past years. Soon the noises of the flute had ended and Yaksha opened his eyes.

"You seemed to enjoy it." He smiles, glad that Yaksha found his playing nice.

"I have no opinion on it." He replies, bringing back up his guard. Quite ashamed that he had let his guard down, though that was no matter to him at the moment.

"How come you know how to play the flute."

"I'm fond of instruments and enjoy playing them a lot. As my old codename suggests, I used to be a bard, ... I think .. " Memories were blurred out once again. It became quite a headache for Venti but he had no clue why such crucial rememberings could fade away, the sensation of being lost overwhelmed him and slowly begins to ask himself.

"Why can't I remember .."

A/N : OKAY I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHAT TO WRITE IN THIS CHAPTER YES,, but now i gotta figure out what to write for the next one .. FUC- anyways uh going to hope that everyone was content w/ this chapter !! i will try figure out how to make the next chapter more ~ spicy ~ or just more angst ehe but yes byebye <33 also tysm for almost 400 reads :D

word count : 840