Chatper 9 : Boba battle.

A knocking was heard, followed with a notification from Venti's phone.

"It's the boba!!" The brown-haired girl skipped towards the door and creaked it open.

"Did you order-"

"Why yes~ Now take those totally not cursed mora. Just be cautious when you wander at night..~"

She paid the beverages and handed the "cursed" mora. Shudders spring down the deliver's spine, he hesitantly accepts the mora then Parlour proceeds to gradually close the door while sustaining eye contact, her face made a wicked grinned. It was officially shut and she giggles.

"Parlour, must you offer fear upon other mortals?" Question was made my Morax. His glaring looked at the spooky girl however she giggled again and hands the milk tea to Bard. Thought why must Morax use "mortals" to refer to humans, like him? A question similar to that made Venti contemplate.

"Life is too short, and people fear for the worst. The more I influence fear, the more humans become more prone to it." Parlour's explanation appeared quite reasonable and Venti did nod to agreement during identifying who's milk tea belongs to who.

"Adeptus Xiao! Get your boba and decide which you prefer!" Venti ran over to Yaksha with both drinks. The cat-eyed boy looked at Bard up and down then his gaze went to the drinks. He lowered his head and went to take a sip of the Matcha milk tea that Venti chose. Parlour started at Yaksha to observe his reaction; a slight eyebrow raise was his reaction then stopped stopped drinking. He licked his lips to make sure he hadn't spill out any of the tea.

Venti found this action quite cute therefore smiled but felt like it was wrong to feel this, something was warning him; he can't. Though, he couldn't resist. Unexpectedly Yaksha went in to take another sip,

"You enjoy it?"

Yaksha realised then stopped drinking it.

"I just went to taste it again to make sure."

"Lies! You loved it!" Venti said confidently with a big smug.

"But Yaksha will love mine more!" Parlour spoke out but Yaksha rolls his eyes. "Every decision you make for me, I always end up despising it." A wink and chuckles were all Parlour had done, then Yaksha proceeded to take a sip but he shortly stops, his expression had stayed the same; Yaksha was unphased then snatched the Matcha Milk Tea and resumes to drink it.

"Eh?! You don't like it? What a shame. Seems you were lucky this time." Parlour admits to her part in losing the bet while Venti made a proud smile.

"Well congratulations .. Bard .. ! I hate these code names. They aren't even that good!" The complaining continues from Parlour then Morax clears his throat and looks up at others. The rest looks back at the chief with a confused look.

"My thoughts have been thinking to switch our code names, however if you wish to keep with your current title, that'll be fine." Parlour appeared to be ecstatic, Yaksha didn't care much for this little announcement

"Yes please! I've been dying to change it." Parlour exclaimed and Morax smiled.

"I'll still be assigning these names so, Parlour. For your new title; Cherry. Bard, if you desire a new title then it shall be winddust."

"Cherry? Ah because of the colours of my eyes!"

Morax nodded while Bard, now own as Winddust theorized about his name.

"Winddust is a cool name! Don't worry about it being a horrible name, Morax here gives out the best names!" Cherry comforts Winddust and he gives a soft smile in return.

"I now declare every Adepti member to recognise me as Rex Lapis. It's much prefer for me." The clan looked at their leader and nodded.

"Is Adeptus Xiao not going to recieve a change of name?" Venti questions.

"There's no need for him, he's content with the current title he wears." Rex Lapis exclaimed then finished this tea.

"Ohhh I see, Alright then."

Everyone in the room proceeds to go back to going what they were originally doing. The ticks of the clocks disturb the silent cabin, filled with only three or more people. Few were on their phones then the others were resting. The Adepti boss analyzes the time to discover that it's 10:24 pm.

He soon spoke out to the members.

A/N : my update schedule is fucked :D anyways uh i don't know how to end this chapter properly BUT I SWEAR VENTI AND XIAO WILL HAVE A MOMENT BUT YES BYEBYE

word count : 755