Chapter Four- Part One

Arranged marriage……….. to a Secret Agent?!?!?!?!

Warmth, comfort. That’s how I like to wake up. A heavy blanket on top of me. I curled deeper into the warmth, hugging the blanket like someone was going to take it away. I could feel Jason’s arm around my waist, his breath on my neck. I didn’t bother waking him up this time, I think he deserved to sleep. His steady heart beat against my back, and his one hand was wrapped around my shoulder holding me close. I leaned back into him and closed my eyes again. But just this once, next time I’ll kick him out of bed.

After a few minutes I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to PEE. “Jason?” I whispered, hoping he would just be waking up. I felt him cringe and hold me tighter. “Jason I’m fine, but if you don’t let me out of this bed now I will wet myself.” I warned. He started nuzzling my back unaware that I was talking to him. I rolled over and twisted in his arms so that I faced him.

His eyes half opened and a smile spread across his face. “Jason.” I whispered in his ear. He giggled. GIGGLED! “Jason, get up.” I said a little louder, his eyes opened again. “Jason get up or that warm feeling all over, won’t be what you thought.” I threatened. His eyes opened all the way, and he smiled.

“Morning babe.” He whispered in a groggy voice.

“Have you not been listening?” I cried in a defeated voice and collapsed on his chest.

“Huh?” came his intelligent response.

I pushed myself up as far as him arms would let me and in a very stern voice said. “Jason, I have to PEE!” His eyes widened and his arms were gone.

“Sorry.” I nodded and flew out of bed and headed for the bathroom to do my business. When I was done I made my way out of the bathroom to find that I was in a motel. I didn’t realize it before but then again, I was concerned about more important things. “Better?” Jason asked from the bed. He was sitting facing the closed window, only in his boxers. More little white scars lined his back.

“Lots.” I said crawling onto the bed behind him, I let my fingers trace along the markings. “Do they hurt?” I asked. Jason’s eyes were closed and a small smile was on his face. He shook his head. “You have a lot of them. You like living life on the edge or are you just that bad?” I asked sarcastically. His eyes opened in slits and he looked back at me.

“I like to think of it as living on the edge.”  He said turning. I brought my fingers up to the one across his chest.

“Do you remember where they all came from?” I asked. He shrugged.

“The important ones.” He hand grabbed mine.

“This one?” he shook his head and leaned closer to me. The words caught in my throat as I looked in his eyes. I had always judged him on what I saw, I honestly never really knew him. In his eyes I could see pain, happiness, determination, and of course his smugness. “What are you looking at?” I whispered afraid that if I spoke any louder he would change back into his jerk self.