Chapter Fifteen

Nelly’s POV

Wrapped in Jason’s arms made me feel safe. I wanted to get closer and make him hold me as tight as he possibly could. His face was buried in the crook of my neck, warm breaths hitting against my spine, as he slept.

I wonder what he would do if I slipped out of his arms?

As much as I feel like I love him, I’m can be a bit of a tease at times. A little evil. I glanced over my shoulder to see his face, his eyes were closed and his breathing was steady.    

I wiggled free and slipped a pillow between his arms. Quickly he crushed it to his chest. I stumbled out of the room and into the kitchen. It seemed everyone was still asleep, weren’t these people Spies or something? Shouldn’t they be up early getting super spy gadgets together or something?

Whatever.

I walked to the fridge and pulled out some eggs and vegetables to make omelets. Throwing the pan on the stove and turning it on, I began chopping the veggies and shredding some cheese.

“Mmmm, what smells so good?” John asked walking into the room. I smiled at him and started cracking eggs into a bowl.

“I haven’t even started yet. How many eggs can you eat?”

“Four.” He said taking a seat, between cooking breakfast I grabbed him a cup of coffee. “Thanks.” He raised it to me, a wide smile on his face. I poured the eggs in and artfully put John’s omelet together. Mel stepped into the room smelling the air like John did.

“Coffee.” I said handing her a cup she took it and inhaled.

“John I think this girl should join our team.” She stated poking him in the side.

“I agree.” He took a long drink of his coffee. “That’s the best damn coffee I’ve ever had.” He licked his lips and went to pour himself another cup.

“How many eggs in your omelet?” I asked Mel. She held up two fingers.

“I’m going to go wake Jason up,” she called heading towards his room.

“Try to freak him out a little!” I called after her and flipped John’s omelet out of the pan and onto a plate. I slid it across the counter to him, he caught in and dug in ravenously. I quickly started Mel’s and went to pour the veggie’s in.

“Don’t put tomatos in, she hates them.” John called, catching me just before I put a few diced tomatos in.

“Okay,” I replied and pulled them away incase one of them decided to jump into the batch. Putting the cheese on I flipped this one, and in seconds it was on a plate. I put it where her coffee cup was and was about to start the third when there was a loud crash.

“JASON!” Mel screamed. There was a loud padding of feet and seconds later Jason jumped into the kitchen, wearing only his pj pants, panicked. He gazed around the room before locking eyes with me. I showed him my biggest grin ever.