Chapter Thirteen

Arranged Marriage……….. To a Secret Agent?!?!?!?!?!?!

The drive felt like forever. We had to stop once for the night, and Jason kept me on the phone almost all night because he didn’t trust Greg. The whole time I was thinking EWWW, Jason come on he’s a teacher!!! But to keep him happy I talked to him until about two before I pleaded to get some sleep.

He let me, but told me to call him and make sure that I was okay the moment I woke up. I really don’t know why he was so worried, Greg had fallen asleep hours ago. The only thing the long conversation resulted in was me being extremely tired all day, and constantly falling asleep on the drive to Vegas.

“Jason please let me sleep! I’m so tired!” I whined into the phone, barely able to keep my eyes open as the boring stretch of road opened before us.

“Just a little longer.” He pleaded.

“Jason I swear to god I will slap you when I get there if you don’t let me go to sleep.”

“At least I’ll know you’re okay if you have the strength to slap me.” He retorted.

“Why don’t you talk to Greg?” I snapped. “At least with him driving and talking to you you’ll know that he can’t do anything to me.”

“Greg? What no! I want to hear you’re voice.” I moaned and slumped into my chair.

“I’m going to fall asleep talking to you and make you even more worried because I’ve randomly stopped talking to you.” He sighed and I think I’ve won.

“Fine, but please call me as soon as you wake up.” He begged.

“Alright I promise. Please stop worrying, I’ll be there soon.”

“I know Nelly, it’s just felt like so long.” He sighed sadly.

“I’ll talk to you soon, I promise.” I stated. He agreed and I was finally able to hang up and fall asleep.

Images flashed through my mind that felt so real, yet not. Jason was apart of most of them, well almost all of them actually.

They started some time after the fight in school, Toni kidnapped me and Jason came to save me. He seemed more pissed at Toni then worried about me. Then slowly he was becoming softer, smiling towards me.

He helped me though some things, protected me against scary looking people. I watched him kill a man in a motel bathroom who was attacking me. I felt tons of emotions wash over me as the dreams slowly felt more real.

One part seemed really romantic. I crawled on to a bed next to Jason, who was staring out the window. We talked for a bit, he was worried about me, always worried. Then very slowly he kissed me. It was sweet and I could feel his lips on mine, warm and sweet. He was slow and gentle with me, speaking like a fool but all of it made my heart flutter in excitement.