Chapter Nineteen

Arranged Marriage……….. To a Secret Agent?!?!?!?!?!?!

Nelly’s POV

“HE DID WHAT!!” I screamed on the top of my lungs. I couldn’t believe it. I was standing in the kitchen of my house, not ours mine, staring at the divorce papers. They were signed. I didn’t get it. Everything worked out, we were together, everything was perfect, why did he sign these?

My parents had finally, Finally, called and were telling me the sorry news. I had ranted at them for a good hour first though. And after a good ear chewing they began to tell me how they too were spies for the same freaking organization as Jason. I was utterly frustrated by then. And now adding this pleasant news (Sarcasm) I was beyond pissed.

“Nelly I’m not sure why…” my mother tried to coo.

“Oh really mother!” I snapped.

“Don’t speak to your mother that way.” My father scolded.

“You guys can’t tell me that!” I cried. “You ran off while I was getting hunted by the number one criminal in the world!” I screamed.

“We knew Jason could handle it!” They defended.

“At the time don’t you think I would have wanted my parents a little more?” I questioned.

“You can tell us all about it when we get back.” My mother sighed, seeming she was getting as frustrated with this conversation as I was. “But for now I think you should go talk to Jason, he probably has his reasons. Like he doesn’t want to put you through that again.”

“We discussed that already.” I sighed finally and slumped down into a chair, just then the door bell rang. “Look I’ll call you guys later.” I stated flatly.

“We’ll call you.” They said and hung up. I sighed again and got up from my chair and slumped towards the door.

Grudgingly I pulled it open. “Hey Nelly!” Jason smiled brightly. I frowned and slammed the door shut. “Hey!” He cried from the other side.

“Go home Jason.” I called.

“Why so cold?” he asked. I grabbed the papers off the counter, ripped the door open and tossed them at him.

“That’s why.” I said and closed the door once again. With that I turned around and walked towards my room angrily. I fell on my bed, face first and screamed into my pillow. Today was just not my day.

“Nelly…” Jason called, crawling in to my window. I screamed as he did.

“What are you doing?” I cried rushing over, my window was on the second floor.

“I needed… oof…” He fell of the floor. “To explain to you.” He mumbled into the floor. I sighed and hauled him off my bedroom floor and onto the bed.

“Explain.” I said folding my arms across my chest and glaring at him.

He sighed and wiggled a little uncomfortable under my gaze. “I didn’t want to be forced to marry you.” He finally said. I sighed and turned away, and in a second he grabbed my hands and fell to his knees in front of me. “I wanted to marry you because I wanted to.” He said pulling my gaze to his. “Nelly, will you marry me? Not because our parents bet that we should, but because I want too. I love you.”

My jaw dropped and my eyes grew wide. I couldn’t even find words, tears had spilled over my eyes and I nodded my head. He grinned and stood up wrapping his arms around my shoulders and pressing my face to his shoulder. “I love you Nelly. And I mean it.” I nodded my head, too happy to find words.

^^^The wedding!!^^^

It was a massive gong show getting ready for the wedding, but on the day I was more than happy. After applying layers of water proof make up I finally stood in front of the mirror waiting for my big moment. My brides maids were standing outside waiting while the guests were making their way towards their seats. “A beautiful bride.” A deep voice whispered, I spun.

Toni…

I glared at him from across the room. He appeared to be ragged and very weak, his clothes torn. “You didn’t even come see me get arrested I’m hurt.” He said from his spot. “But you also missed my great escape.” He laughed darkly. I think my nerves were so shot from my wedding plans that I didn’t feel afraid of Toni at the moment. “No matter, I refuse to let you take Jason away from me.”

I actually was shocked. “You like Jason?” I asked in disbelief. Toni’s face went red. I almost laughed. “The number one Criminal in the world is Gay?” I laughed at that.

“What you have a problem with gay people?” he snapped back.

“Oh no, I have a problem with gay people attempting to take away my man and trying to kill me tree times over. So listen you’re going to turn yourself in to the guards downstairs or I’m going to do something drastic.” I stated. He laughed at me.

“I’ll never turn myself in.” I shrugged and picked up the vase of flowers next to me and chucked it as hard as I could at Toni. He ducked it but didn’t see the next one come colliding with his head. I smiled proudly when I saw him out cold on the floor.

In a few moments I had him tied to a chair with a long length of satin and a flower stuck in his ear. With that I put a tracker on him, grabbed my flowers and stepped outside of the room. Jason won’t even know he was here. I smiled confidently as my brides maids walked up the isle and my father took my arm. “What are you so proud of?” he asked eyeing me.

“I think living with a super spy won’t be so bad, I could get used to it.” I said, he didn’t get time to respond because the ceremony started and I was walking up the isle towards a dashingly dressed man, soon to be my husband.

“Friends we are gathered here…” The priest started while Jason and I smiled at each other. Silence filled the room as everyone listened and stood at the last moment when those words were said, the one’s every bride wants to hear. “I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss your bride.” And when Jason’s soft warm lips pressed against mine, and the room erupted into cheers, I was in heaven. Nothing could beat this moment. All the planning, the stress, and the battles against Toni. They were all worth it for this moment right here.

Running out the doors with flower petals being thrown at us, we climbed into our new convertible and drove away, and at the last second I through my bouquet and waved as the girls cheered over who had caught it.

“Well Mrs. Bishop.” Jason said beside me as I settled back into my seat. “What shall we do first on our honey moon?” he suggested. I grinned and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“Anything that doesn’t involve, guns, speed racing, explosions, or spy work would be nice.” I said tapping my chin. “What do you think Mr. Bishop?” we laughed together at the thought.

Any moment free from spy work would be nice, but I know for sure that whatever badies that the world throws at us, we’ll deal with it. For better or for worse.

+++++++++++++++++=

Only one more chapter!! Yay!