Chapter Seven

Arranged Marriage.......... to a Secret Agent?!?!?!?!

I woke up in my bed cold, the sound of my alarm going off. I growled and snapped it off and looked up. Damn it! I'm going to be late! Why didn't anyone get me up? I jumped out of bed and quickly dug through my closet until I grabbed some outfit that was clean. I ran a brush through my hair and bounded down the stairs to the kitchen. "Mom! Dad?" I called.

There was no answer in the house. I looked around and found a note on the counter with my name on it.

Nelly

We went on vacation, sorry we didn't tell you it was a little short notice for us. We'll be home in two weeks or so. Be a good girl and if you have any parties, please be careful and clean the house before we get home.

Love you lots

Mom and Dad

Just great! This must be because of that stupid Jason Bishop's fault. I was all over the news along with our arranged marriage. I lifted the note to stick it to the fridge when other papers fell to the floor.

Divorce papers? A grin spread on my face. Mostly everything was signed, I grabbed a pen and put my signature at the bottom and folded them up. Smiling to myself I checked the time. "Damn it!" I screamed and bolted for the door.

I ran through the drizzling rain all the way to school. My friends were waiting at the door. "Hey we heard you came back last night!" They called when I came inside. I smiled, extremely giddy this morning.

"Guess what?" I asked with bright happy eyes.

"Jason Bishop died in a hole so deep he ended up in China?" my friends said happily. I shook my head.

"Close." I said and pulled the papers out of my bag. "I found them this morning on my way out the door." They pulled them out of my hands and read over them quickly. "I am no longer married to him." I said proudly pointing at my signature at the bottom of the page.

"You go girl!" They patted my back. I grinned like mad and we all headed to my locker.

"Where is he anyway? I want to rub this in his face!" I said looking around. His group of friends were separated talking to girls around the halls.

"Don't know don't care." My friends said. I nodded and threw all my wet stuff into my locker and grabbed all my homework and the three of us headed to our first class.

Today was nice. Every now and then I got sneers from girls, but at least I was mainly invisible again. No one talked about the fight and the teachers didn't even seem mad. It was weird though, no one seemed to concerned that he hadn't shown up at school. I didn't really care, I just needed him to sign the divorce papers and be done with his sorry ass for the rest of my life.