Chapter Twelve

Arranged Marriage……….. To a Secret Agent?!?!?!?!?!?!

I decided to lay on the metal table and try to get some sleep. Toni never came back, but some time during the night gun shots went off snapping me away from the wonderful dream I had been having.

I crawled off the bed and curled on to the floor and slowly rocked myself until I calmed down and the loud bangs had subsided leaving an overpowering silence hanging in the air. It was so thick I could have drowned in it.

Some where behind the door Toni was shouting, his words were muffled but I could tell that he was pissed.

Someone came through my door and slammed it shut behind them. A form leaned against the door and huffed exhaustedly. I peeked around the metal bed to try and get a better look. “Who’s There?” he snapped pulling a gun up.

“M-me?” I stuttered, once again coming face to face with another gun.

“Get out where I can see you!” He hissed. I did as he said holding my hands above my head showing that I was unarmed. We both stared in shock at each other.

“M-mr. Gregson?” I stuttered again looking upon my gym teacher.

“Nelly?” he asked turning his head to the side and lowering his gun. “What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Umm… being a hostage?” I asked, if that was even possible. Mr. Gregson stared at me in shock.

“Toni’s hostage?” he asked, sounding appalled. I nodded and looked away feeling extremely awkward and nervous being in a small room with my gym teacher holding a gun. Great, my life is still taking a downwards twirl. “Toni is really getting out of hand now.” He mumbled and leaned up against the door pressing his ear against it trying to hear what was going on, on the other side. I shrugged. “You know this is the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen on this job. Walking into a room with one of my own students being held hostage. What does he want you for anyway?” Mr. Gregson asked. I shrugged.

“It sounds like he just wants to kill me.” I shrugged finally looking back at him. He stared at me shocked. “Mr. Gregson, what are you doing here?” I asked.

“Working, and call me Greg. Don’t need anyone finding out I’m a teacher now do we?” he asked with a wink. “Tell me do you know how to shoot a gun?” he asked. I shook my head. “Bummer, here.” He pulled something out from under his arm and holding it out to me.

It was a small hand gun, matching to the one in his hand. “We’re going to have to shoot our way out of here, so just keep your eyes open and head low. If we can make it to the garage I can get us to the bottom of the canyon with out dying. After that you’ll be on your own.” I nodded, I couldn’t wait to get out of here. “Alright stay close.” I nodded and ducked down and Greg swung the door open revealing the main room filled with dead bodies and more men fighting. “Shoot at anyone if they approach you.” Greg said and grabbed my arm.

He tugged me along around the edges of the building and to the door where all the hot cars were stored. I wanted to drive some of them but since there were all illegal, I wasn’t going to even touch one. People seemed to distracted to notice us sneaking along the wall. Something for which I was extremely thankful for.