A Halloween Party

Hey guys this is another short, I thought I posted it but apparently not.

9 Years Later

Halloween

"Nelly are you ready yet!" Jason called from the door way. "We have to be at the White house in an hour!"

"I'm Coming!" I called back thumping down the stairs. Jason stood at the door, Dexter in his arms. "Aw! Look at my two dashing princes!" I called. Dexter, our 4 year old son, gave me the biggest ear to ear grin.

"But mommy I'm your prince!" He cried reaching for me. I laughed taking him from Jason's arms, who looked thoroughly saddened. "Daddy's the bad guy!" He shouted pointing a finger at Jason's face. "He steals noses!" We laughed and carried the fussy child to the car.

It was Halloween and as a holiday for us we had been invited to a costume party with the president and a few other agents. And really I use the word "invited" loosely. Dexter and I are guests, however technically Jason and the other agents were working. Making sure nothing went wrong. Dexter is only one of the many children that will get to run around collecting candy and treats from diplomats and senators throughout the evening. It's probably because the President himself has a child around the same age. Also if it wasn't already obvious I was dressed as a Princess while my two boys were dashing young men, both with swords that bounced at their hips. While Jason's was real, Dexter's was only a wooden replica.

The drive the the White house wasn't nearly as long as I originally thought (gotta love spending the weekend in a safe house) but since Jason was security we had to be there early to discuss plans with the Secret Service in the event of an 'incident'. Though to my utter amazement, and for once I mean that literally because with my track record of getting kidnapped I'm pretty negative about these kinds of things, everything went off with out a hitch. Well mostly. There were a few assassins, a couple of traffickers and one kidnapper all stopped that night without a single guest finding out. Well all except one.

When we arrived Dexter ran off to find his cousin Gabe (Mel's son), though not actually related they were as close as brothers. He and the other children ran off to find the designated candy holders, a scavenger hunt of sorts.

Dexter

I left mommy and daddy to talk to the big man in a suit to chase Gabe and get candy. We stopped at a lady in a Witches costume who handed us a map and three pieces of candy. The map had a picture of a troll on it, this was the next person who had candy. Gabe was older than me and could read so he read the map to me so we could find the next spot first.

We went pretty quick until there was a bit of shouting between two men in suits. I ran up to get a closer look, but I didn't recognize the people arguing. A man in a simple suit pulled me back from the two men. "You're Dexter Bishop aren't you?" He said. I looked up at him, but didn't actually know who he was. "Is your dad around?"

"I think so, but I gotta go. I'm looking for candy." I said.

He chuckled. "Well maybe you could do me a favor? My daughter has been hiding in my office since the party started and refuses to come out. Maybe you can convince her too? She dresses as a little princess, so maybe she just needs a prince to come save her." The man smiled at me. I nodded grinning. I get to save a princess!

"Where is your office?" I asked.

"It's the big oval one right over there, around the corner. There are two guards standing outside the door, tell them the President sent you to escort the princess to the party."

"Will do Mr. President." I smiled and ran off. He turned and said something to the man beside him, who stuck a finger in his ear. Was he trying to find candy in there?

I went around the corner and found the door where two guards were standing quite quickly, I was concerned that I would get lost. Maybe I should have brought Gabe with me so that he could read the map to me again? "I'm here to escort the princess to the party." I said to the guards. They smiled and nodded at me.

"Yes indeed, we were told you were coming, but just to make sure who sent you?" They asked.

"The Mr. President sir." I said politely as mommy taught me. The men smiled and opened the door to a brightly lit office. It was round and had a big eagle on the floor.

"Daddy I'm not going to the party."

"I'm not your daddy." I said to the little girl sitting on the floor next to the eagle. I sat down beside her. "I"m a prince, and I'm here to escort you to your party." She folded her arms across her chest and glared at me, so I did the same.

"Are you a real prince?" She asked.

I smiled and jumped up. "I have a mighty sword, princess." I said drawing the wooden sword Grandpa made for me from my belt. She smiled and jumped up.

"Okay! You can be my prince." I grabbed her hand and we headed to the door. Behind us stood a very tall shadow that covered the door. "Who's there?" She whispered behind me.

I turned and held up my sword and the shadow laughed. "You think you can stop me with a stick boy?" The shadow turned into a man as he stepped closer to us. "I'll break it before you get the chance..." The man crumpled as I hit him as hard as I could between the legs. I accidentally hit daddy there once and he did the same thing. As the man hit the floor the princess screamed and the two guards that were outside the doors came bursting in. They grabbed the guy really quickly and dragged him out of the room.

"Are you okay?" I asked the princess.

She looked at me for a little while and then smiled. "You really are a prince!" she hugged me really quick as more suited men came in the room asking what happened. They took us back to the party and helped us find the rest of the hidden candy.

Afterwords mommy and daddy found me and took me home. I said bye to the princess, I hope that I get to play with her again.

Nelly

"So Dexter how was your night?" I asked him as he started drifting in my arms as we walked to the car.

"I saved a princess from a bad guy." He mumbled. "I want to play with her again." His eyes started closing and he soon was snoring on my shoulder.

Jason gave him a steely look, the look he gets when he's working, but it softened and he kissed my cheek softly. "Secret Service tell me he hit a potential kidnapper in the nuts with his sword, which alerted the guards. I don't know if he actually knows he stopped it, but he really helped out tonight."

"I hate how much like you our son is becoming." I glared at Jason, who laughed it off.

"One more year and I can retire darling, we will get mundane jobs and make mundane friends and live happily ever after my dear princess."

I huffed but agreed, I look forward to that mundane lifestyle. It's the safest thing for Dexter.

The end!