Chapter Seventeen

Arranged Marriage………. to a Secret Agent?!?!?!?!

I woke up in the familiar warmth of Jason’s arms. I refused to move, even when the pressure on my bladder seemed too great. I didn’t want to leave the warm safety that Jason’s arms were providing me.

I crossed my legs over and brought my knees up, hoping to hold in my needs for just a few more minutes. “If you have to pee just say so.” Jason whispered beside my ear.

“I don’t want to get up.” I said stubbornly.

“You can always come back.” He said chuckling. Frowning I got up quickly, slipping out of his arms and rushed into the bathroom. When my business was done I race back and almost dived back into bed. His warm arms welcomed me and held on tightly. Facing his chest I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and hung on, eliminating all space between us. My head rested lightly on his shoulder as were laid in bed holding on to each other. The peace was broken when John opened the door and demanded that we get out of bed.

Jason cringed a bit but didn’t move. “It takes forever to get this guy up!” John growled from the other side of the room. I peeked at him from Jason’s shoulder before looking at Jason.

“Time to get up.” I said softly by his ear. Jason tightened his grip around me and sat up slowly rubbing his eyes.

“I don’t want to get up.” He pouted. John at the door stared at us wide eyed.

“Do it anyway.” I mumbled and slipped out of bed. I grabbed some of my clothes and jumped into the bathroom to change. From behind the door I could hear muffled voices of John and Jason. After that I came out and Jason was ready. He wore a black t shirt that had a big decal on the front and dark blue jeans. Smiling he dropped an arm over my shoulder and we walked out of the bedroom and headed into the kitchen.

Mel was already typing away on her computer, her face grave. John stood over her shoulder cleaning his weapon like he usually was doing. When Jason moved to join them I went to the kitchen to get something to eat.

I’m not like a lot of people who lose their appetite when they are worried, I need food. I pulled out some lucky charms and poured myself a huge bowel, added the milk and began chowing down. I pulled myself up on to the counter so I could watch the three of them point and mumble about the computer screen they had set up. Every now and then one of them would look up at me, give me a sad smile and look down again.

Every time a shiver would run down my spine and I’d need another spoonful of food. When the bowl’s bottom was visible I cleaned it and put it back, and they were finished. Jason picked me up in a hug and kissed me. Mel and John went to the other room together.

“This is going to be hard,” Jason whispered. “But I’m going to protect you no matter what.” He promised.

I nodded but couldn’t form words. I hid my face in his chest and tried to calm myself down. I ran into a fire, I can do this. Right?

Muscle Head’s POV

“Alright normal tactic is to get in there get the girl and get out.” I said staring at the large group of men around me. “But more then likely they have a plan, and the girl is going to be a decoy. So when we get there they pull the girl back, we’ll fail, and they plant a tracking device on us leading straight back to the manor while we are unprepared.” A couple of them stared at me wide eyed. “So I have a plan.” I grinned. I waved my arm and a black car pulled up beside us. Out got two girls, both around 5”4’, short brown hair. “These are our decoys. We’ll split into three groups, one group will get the real girl, while the other two will take these two kicking and screaming into two other vans. This will confuse Jason and his team mates. They won’t know which one is the real girl.” The group clapped.