XXXV

XXXV: Perfect Duet

I'd never seen her like that before, I thought Enzo was exaggerating when he called and said when wouldn't calm down

I'd never seen her like that before, I thought Enzo was exaggerating when he called and said when wouldn't calm down. I wanted to physically hurt Iris when she threw that drink, It took a lot to bring myself to pull Bianca off of her.

She was always a drunk who let her intrusive thoughts win, that's exactly how we ended up with Beatrice.

I made Kenzi take Iris to his condo nearby to a avoid any further conflict, he argued against it but listened.

Seeing Eliana broken down crying in Enzo's arms and the room being torn apart concerned me. This was all my fault. I let it go too far.

After she finally calmed down he left us alone and I put Eliana to bed. It didn't make much to get her to sleep, with the damage she'd done I was sure she tired herself out.

That was all last night.

Bianca had come to check Eliana soon after she woke up this morning. She didn't speak much this morning and I decided against commenting on the situation. I wanted her to be as stress free as possible.

I left to go and meet Enzo in the basement. Jonas' head hung, blood still dripping from his nose. All of his fingernails on his left hand missing. His shirtless torso battered in purple bruising and cuts.

"If you're gonna kill me, just get on with it." He spat blood out near his bare foot.

I had come down here everyday El was wouldn't talk to me to relieve my frustration. Seeing him in pain made my day.

"I don't think you're in the place to tell anyone what to do." Enzo muttered lowly and Jonas laughed weakly.

"You're doing all of this to gain what? Eliana won't forget me, I'll always be in the back of her head and in her dreams." , "Dont fucking mention her name." I seethed and he lifted his head by his hair to look at me, his right eye swollen shut.

Kenzi and Enzo were dealing with his the past few days while I got Eliana proper care and going over the agreement between me and Santiago. Bianca seemed pretty okay around him but I won't assume, my mother also seemed that way in public.

"What the fuck did you inject her with?" I ask again punching him in the stomach, he doubles over coughing. He lets out a wheezy laugh shortly after.

"Propofol." He said lowly. I looked towards Enzo.

"Anesthesia used for surgery." He mutters looking at Jonas with a frown on his face.

"She kept fighting me." Jonas states nonchalantly spit out blood again and it made my blood boil. I wanted to kill him but it would be too easy, plus I needed to get to his father. "And her broken fingers?" I seethed, the question was rhetorical— she already told me he'd stepped on them and smiled when she screamed.