VIII

VIII: Sweetness

Steamy...

My eyes teared up in frustration, my hair just wouldn't cooperate

My eyes teared up in frustration, my hair just wouldn't cooperate. I let out an exasperated breath and decided against the new style I wanted to try.

Where is Dinah when I need her?

I was going to an opening for Mateo's new office building and I had been getting ready since 9 am. I got up extra early to get a wax and then I got my nails done since I had chewed some off. I knew if it had anything to do with him then there would be very wealthy guests and maybe even family.

It had only been about 3 weeks of what I think was dating.

Were we dating?

I decided on a messy pony and surprisingly nailed it on the first try, I teased the loose hair and curled the ends. I was almost ready to bask in my defeat.

I put another layer of lipgloss on since nipping at my lip in concentration had rubbed most of it off. Artemis nudged up against my leg knowing that I was leaving soon and she hated it. "I know Art but mama has to go." She began to let out a dramatic whine as usual making me roll my eyes.

I looked at my phone and Mateo had sent a message about 15 minutes ago but I was so busy I guess I hadn't heard it.

Mateo😳🦋: I miss the taste of you bambina.

My eyes widened at his confession and I could slowly feel the heat creeping up my neck. I don't think I would ever get used to how filthy his vocabulary is, but it always made me squeeze my thighs together and my heart race.

Me: Are you always this unfiltered? 🙃

He answered pretty quickly and it made me smile to myself.

Mateo😳🦋: Only with you princess. I'm outside open up.

I froze as my eyes lingered over the text, I pulled my robe on quickly to hide my underwear and lack of bra. I quickly checked my makeup in the mirror and fluffed my hair a little. Artemis began to get excited when she sensed him at the door

I took short strides to the door and stood on my tiptoes to check the peephole to assure it was Mateo. Lately, Jonas has been quiet but I wasn't letting my guard down.

I swung the door open and ogled at how handsome he looked in his blacked-out suit and red suede shoes. His look was intense as always and it made me nervous. I stepped aside for him to come in and almost immediately Artemis began sniffing him and wagging her tail excitedly.

Mateo wasn't at all fazed by Artemis and I mentally prayed because her reaction meant everything to me, she was like my baby.

A piece of his lengthy dark hair fell in his face as he examined her and it honestly looked great like that, he had no flaws. After she had calmed down a bit he stepped closer to me and his eyes connected with mines. His arm snaked around my waist and the other on the side of my neck, my breath was cut off when his lips smashed into mines.