XXVI

XXVI: Mother knows best

"El! Fuck wake up!" I was close enough to catch her before she'd hit her head on the nearby table and collapsed

"El! Fuck wake up!" I was close enough to catch her before she'd hit her head on the nearby table and collapsed. I was down on my knees holding her head, she was burning up. I slapped her face lightly and her brown eyes fluttered open.

"You fucking scared me." I breathed out heavily as she regained consciousness and I hugged her. "Why are we on the floor?" She asks and I let out a low chuckle.

"You passed out— are you okay?" She slowly stood up with my help and I sat her down in a nearby seat. "Uh yeah, I guess the combination of not eating, sleeping and this plane really messed with me." She says and I help her remove her jacket.

"I'm okay, I promise." She grumbled as I felt her head and checked her eyes. I was still worried, she ran off to the bathroom earlier out of nowhere and now she's passed out.

"We can go another ti—." , "No! I mean, I really wanna see my mom. I'm okay forreal." She grabs my face as gives me a quick kiss. I felt guilty.

My reaction was totally out of line and if I was her I wouldn't even talk to me. By the time I realized I fucked up the damage was already done, but my nonna knocked me upside the head and told me to fix it.

"Okay, but when we get there you need to chill out." I say and she nods. "Mateo?" , "Yeah?" I didn't know what to expect her to say but it wasn't this.

"I love you, I really do. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you when you you said it but I was caught off guard and a little drunk. I just didn't know what to say or if I even knew for su—." I cut her off smashing my lips against hers again and she returned the kiss quickly.

I was completely losing it when it came to her. Getting my cousin to take over while I left and to help me take care of Jonas when I returned. She doesn't know it but Enzo was the whole reason I could tap into her phone and find out everything I knew. Told me where she works, where she lived, her favorite place to eat and even the fact that she got up every Sunday morning to feed the homeless. He watched over her when I was out for business and even made sure Dinah got home safe every night after her altercation with Jonas.

Despite what I'd done to him. I didn't regret what I'd done because now I have Bea and she saved me.

When I broke away I hugged her tightly. "You don't have to explain yourself, I'm sorry I was an asshole about it." I'd never apologized to anyone before, nobody but her.

I was on my knees in front of her and she hugged me just as tightly, my face flush against her breasts and she played in my hair. It healed my inner child, made me feel safe, made me feel loved.

After an intense take off for her I made her eat and drink a lot of water. She was now in the back of the plane where the small room lied and slept soundly in the bed.

She looked cute with her plump lips in a small pout as she slept. Her long dark eyelashes fanning her cheeks and a small furrow between her eyebrows.

I heard my phone ring and hesitantly answered it.