XVIII

XVIII: Bitter

I wanted her. I wanted every single inch of her. She was currently reading her book with her feet in the pool. I wanted her to be my donna, to have my name engraved on her skin, in her mind. I wanted everyone to know she was mine. Longed for her touch and to hear her voice, her laugh. To see her belly swollen with my child. I'd never fucked a girl raw in my life, the condom broke with Iris and I was too drunk to realize.

I've always had control but lately my mind was just all over the place, it was hard to concentrate. All I could think about is her. I'd given her a little time to herself because in all reality I wanted to fuck her every second of the day. She hadn't been helping wearing the little things she does such is this swim suit.

Next week we would be going to a horse race, it was my nonna's favorite thing to do. This time a lot more of my family would be there to watch since it was a private event to not exclude Bea.

"You know she's not going to drown in the pool." Bianca's annoying voice entered my head and I turned to see her already dressed

"I wish you'd not try to kill my future sister-in-law, if I wasn't mistaken I'd think you were beating her." Bianca sighs in boredom. I simply blinked at my sister, Santiago will have a handful with her.

"What do you want?" She walked around the office and picked up the picture of our mother, the only picture I owned.

"Well I just came to tell you that something happened to Angelo." She says sounding a little worried.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked and she rolls her eyes.

"He was with me when I went to see Santiago for the whole family dinner fiasco with father and he waited outside in the car. When I was ready to go, he was gone and the car was still there." This wasn't Angelo, he knew if something happened to Bianca I'd open that scar back up on his neck.

"I'll figure it, for now Franky will escort you." Franky was my next best on this site. The room grew quiet for a second until Kenzi burst through the door with an angry look in his eyes. Bianca immediately retreated and shut the door behind her. I looked down at my watch, adjusting it.

"Nice of you to show up Ken-." I was cut off by the sudden feeling of him gripping the collar of my blazer and slamming me towards the wall.

"What the fuck do you mean we're putting the hunt on hold." I'll give it to him, he managed to earn a grunt from me due to the impact. I shoved him off of me hard enough to nearly throw him off balance.

"What I fucking said Kenzi." I spat back and his eyes darkened.

"Are you seriously putting her scrawny ass ex over the hunt for Nikolai. He killed my fucking sister right in front of me!" I could understand his frustration, Nikolai's entire organization were pests that needed to be exterminated.

"This isn't about the fucking guy, this is about us falling the fuck back until he thinks he's in the clear. I send people to find that Russian fuck and he sends the entire fucking task team back in pieces!"

Nikolai killed Kenzi's sister and Kenzi killed his own father for not retaliating.

Kenzi grew quiet, walking towards the window towards the pool where El laid on a floaty, running her finger through the water.

"It'd be a shame if someone hurt the sweet Eliana. Or if she knew what you've done." My eye twitched at his insinuation and I blacked out.

I don't recall anything until Benjamin and Augustus pulled me and Kenzi away from each other. Benjamin had a death grip on the wrist and my hand gripped my gun until my knuckles turned white.

Kenzi's nose was bleeding and I'd busted his lip. He loved to just push and push, I had a feeling he got off on the adrenaline rush.

When Benjamin removed the gun from my grip I shoved him off of me and punched a hole into the dry wall.

"You even say her fucking name again I'll fucking kill you." I was seeing red and I was shaking.

He was giving me a bored look as I tried to keep myself from splattering his brains all over the office.

"Mateo?" I heard her voice but didn't look her way. She couldn't see me like this.

"Benjamin." Is all I said and he escorted her away from the scene quickly.

"Your fucking father started all this shit and you expect me to keep killing off my men while you fuck off with anything that lets you? The next time you threaten anything that belongs to me I'll send you to Nikolai myself." I was deadly serious.

-

"Everything is okay, let's just give him some space

"Everything is okay, let's just give him some space." Bianca coddled me after Benjamin had told me something similar. We were in the kitchen when we heard the commotion after I'd gotten out of the pool for a snack.

I only recall the office being disheveled and had a look at Kenzi's busted up face and then Benjamin blocked my view.

"Why were they fighting?" I questioned and Bianca simply shrugged.

"They fight all the time and it won't be the last. But Kenzi is the biggest asshole I know so I'm sure he ticked off Mateo." Is all she says

"Mateo has always been easily ticked off." I hadn't noticed Iris walk in, we turned to where we heard her voice towards the entrance.

"Right Bianca?" She asks rhetorically and leaves.

What did she mean by that?

_________________

Thoughts on Kenzi?

I know it's a bit short, just a little background filler.