XXV

A/N: In Mateo's defense he's never heard his parents really say they loved him.

XXV: Essence

"What a fucking asshole

"What a fucking asshole." Dinah was heated at the altercation I had with Mateo even though I could completely understand his frustration with me.

"I said that same thing." Bianca added as she sat in the bed during our FaceTime call. I'd been in bed for two days and not once have I seen him since that night. Although I knew when he was home because Iris wouldn't be out whenever he was here. Art has her head in my lap and has been trying to cheer me up. She's been really clingy lately.

"I do think I love him, but he doesn't understand that I don't exactly know much about it either. I was in an abusive relationship, he was manipulative so I don't even know if that was love or I was just naive. He hates me now." I sigh dramatically and fall back on the bed out the webcams sight.

"He does not! Look my brother is a lot of things but expressive is not one of them. He just needs to figure out how to express himself and so do you." Nice, Bianca was younger than me and had more sense.

"How does he know if he really loves me if he's never been in love?" The question was really for myself.

"Eli listen to me, if he has never felt what he feels around you or done things he's done for you then I'm sure he loves you. You're hard not to love, where's your confidence?" Dinah said through the screen.

She was right, he made me feel so good, not only in bed but inside too. He was terrible at conveying himself when it came to being vulnerable but he was good at it through actions for the most part.

"I'm not saying either of you are wrong for feeling the way you felt when he said it but you two need to talk." Bianca finishes.

After we finished talking Bianca went to her room to get ready for Bea's recital this afternoon. Bianca had mentioned to me that Mateo hadn't returned until a day after our fall out and it left me wondering who brought me to bed.

I'd decided on wearing a pretty casual outfit to her recital, all black and comfortable along with a jacket since it was getting a little chilly at night in New York.