ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 10

Dumbledore had just arrived to Godric's Hollow and entered the house.

"Lily, he's here run." He could hear the desperate voice of James but wasted no time and casted the killing curse on him and he fell to the floor. He quickly went upstairs.

 He quickly went upstairs

"Albus, please don't." Lily begged him.

"My girl, your daughter is the soulmate of evil."
"Please Dumbledore, don't hurt my kid."

"Step aside and I'll spare you."

"Please don't."

As Albus pointed his wand towards the young mother, Marvolo arrived and silently ordered her to move away and make it seem as she got hit by the curse, Lily followed his order, trusting that he would keep little Artemis safe.

When Dumbledore pointed his wand at Artemis, Marvolo stood in front of her and received the curse instead, the old man, annoyed casted the curse on the baby again, and when it failed, he became angry but left before someone else arrived

When Dumbledore pointed his wand at Artemis, Marvolo stood in front of her and received the curse instead, the old man, annoyed casted the curse on the baby again, and when it failed, he became angry but left before someone else arrived. Unaware that it was Marvolo's sacrifice that saved Artemis, the pure love and altruistic act, protected the young girl.

Meanwhile with Sirius, he was in his home preparing his best bottles of champagne since he had invited the guys to have a drink when he felt his daughter in danger, he immediately headed towards Godric's Hollow.

When he arrived, he saw James laying on the floor, he got on his knees hoping that he still had pulse, when he realized that he did, he sighed and relief before going to look for Lily and Artemis. Upon arriving to a room, he saw Lily with Artemis in her arms and tears rolling down her face as she looked to the ground.

Sirius soon noticed that his lord was the one laying there, he got on his knees once more and checked for pulse. Sadly, Marvolo didn't have pulse, unlike James.

"What happened?" Sirius asked, Lily proceeded to explain how Albus had arrived, that Peter betrayed them, that Marvolo sacrificed himself for their daughter and that James was dead.

"He's alive." He told her.

"Pardon? Who is alive?"
"James, he still has pulse. He's just knocked out."

Lily quickly gave Sirius the baby and ran downstairs to see James sitting.

"James." Lily whispered in disbelief. James's head snapped towards Lily, and carefully got up to hug her.
"Lily you're ok. Artemis, is she fine?"
"Yes, she's ok."
"What's wrong?" James worriedly asked when he saw the sadness in her eyes.

"Our lord, he's dead."

"What?"

"He sacrificed himself for Artemis." This time Sirius answered as he went to them with their daughter in arms.

"Ok, where's his body?" James asked.

"Upstairs." Lily replied and James ran there leaving the other two confused.