ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 9

"Ahhh. I'll kill you James Potter!!" The screams of Lily could be heard all over Riddle Manor. She had been in labor for an hour or so.

That Marvolo was excited, was an understatement. James on the other hand was extremely nervous and scared because he feared something would go wrong during childbirth, Sirius and Remus were trying to calm him down, but it was of no use.

Eventually, Narcissa came out of the infirmary and announced the birth of Artemis Lillian Rose Potter – Black Evans.

The first people to enter were James and Sirius as they were the fathers of Artemis. Next were Remus, Severus, Alice and Narcissa as they were godparents. Afterwards the rest of their friends went inside too.

Marvolo wanted to meet her last, as he didn't want anyone hurrying him up. After all he didn't like being told what to do.

Sometime later Bellatrix delivered the baby to his office and left him alone with Artemis.

"My little moon, you're absolutely breathtaking." Marvolo whispered.

He smiled softly when Artemis nuzzled her head against his head looking for warmth.

"Sleep little one, I'll take care of you."

                                                                         ˜"*°•.˜"*°•  •°*"˜.•°*"˜

A few days later, they were still at Riddle Manor since Lily had a difficult labor and they didn't want to risk having Dumbledore attack them and not be able of protecting their daughter and themselves, Alice who had given birth a day prior to Lily, had opted on staying there as well, mostly because of the same reason.

"Reggie, where is my daughter?" A tired Lily asked as she entered the living room.

"The last time I saw her she was with Andromeda and Nymphadora, they were cooing at her in garden." He replied with a fond smile.

"That's a relief, thanks." And with that Lily left to get some rest, she had been worried when she woke up and Artemis wasn't in her crib.

Meanwhile Marvolo had been collecting five of his horcruxes' to put his soul back together, or at least to have a bigger one.

He didn't want to accidently harm his mate for not being sane.

                                                                                ˜"*°•

                                                                                ˜"*°•.˜"*°•  •°*"˜.•°*"˜

October 31st, 1981.

Lily and James were downstairs playing with Artemis, laughing, and talking.

"Dada, love you." A little Artemis announced.

"What? Could you repeat that?" Lily asked shocked.

"Dada, love you?" Artemis repeated confused.

"I love you too princess. You have no idea how much." James replied with tears in his eyes as he hugged her close. Lily grabbed the camara and took a picture of the moment.

"Mama?" Artemis called out.

"Yes sweetie?" Lily asked.
"Love you."

"I love you too sweetie."

________

Meanwhile with Marvolo, he was sat on his armchair, having a glass of fire whiskey, while remembering some moments with his little moon.

Flashback:

Lily and James had left on a dinner date, and left Artemis in his care knowing that he would take care of her. They were currently laying on his bed; she was on top of his chest looking at him with her big green eyes whilst he played with her small, soft hand, when suddenly Nagini entered the room.

"Idiot elf, can't get me good mice." Nagini hissed angrily.

Artemis had turned around to where the noise came from, and when she looked, she teared up and whimpered scared because of Nagini's size.

"Little moon?" Marvolo called out, but Artemis seemed to be petrified, when he noticed why she was in that state, he tried to calm her down.

"My little moon, she's not going to hurt you. She's, my pet."

"Why is she so big?" A scared girl asked.

"That's just the way she is my little moon."
"Will she hurt me?"

"No princess."

"Hello little mistress." Nagini hissed.

"Little mistress?" Artemis questioned, accidently talking in parsoltongue.

"You understand her?" Marvolo asked surprised and she nodded.

Nagini proceeded to get on the bed and lay beside them, and a curious yet wary Artemis touched her softly.

"I like her." Artemis declared, Nagini hissed happily and Marvolo kissed her hand with pure love.

End of Flashback.

Marvolo smiled softly at the memory when he suddenly felt his bond with Artemis severely threatened. He immediately put his glass down and headed towards Godric's Hollow.