Chapter 37

Adrian's pov*

I need to calm down. Amelia wouldn't do this. What if it's all a misunderstanding? But if it was, why didn't Amelia tell me about that guy straight away?

I have two pictures of them. Sent from a strange number. One with Amelia's eyes closed and her hand on her chest, and the other is kissing the guy. I was so hurt when I saw it, I felt My heart shatter into a million pieces. I can't believe she would do such things. Especially that I saw her crying on my front porch. This is a misunderstanding. And I need to fix things with Amelia.

I wipe my tears away and wash my face so I could kinda calm down my puffy eyes but it was no use. I looked like I was crying and at this point I don't even care to hide it anymore. I walk out of my room and approach hers.

How the fuck am I so stupid? I completely trust Amelia. Why did I lash out at her like that. I hate that I made her cry.

I knock on the door, I didn't hear a response but I put my ear close to the door and heard faint crying. God what have I done.

"Amelia, I want to talk to you." I say, my voice barely above a whisper.

I hear shuffling around the room and I even heard a thud but then after a few minutes she opened the door, her eyes were dull, there wasn't any light in them now. Not like when she's happy or when she sees me.

"What do you want Adrian." She kept her expression stern and her eyes were on the floor. They were red and puffy, just like mine.

"I'm giving you a chance to explain yourself, that wasn't fair. I should've heard you when you wanted to speak. Just like you always hear me." I look at her and she doesn't even look at me. She looks at the floor.

"Why don't you ask whoever sent you that photo. You clearly trust them more than me to believe them over me." She mumbles, trying to contain her tears.

"It was sent to me anonymously. I was just mad. But now I'm calm and I want to hear you out."

Her eyes met mine and hers immediately fill up with tears.

"Look me in my eyes Adrian and tell me you believe I cheated on you." She whispers with tears in her eyes.

"I don't believe that you cheated on me Amelia. That's why I want to hear you out." My own eyes start to water.

"It doesn't matter what happened Adrian, but I didn't cheat on you. That kiss you thought I had with that fucker was forced on me, just like everything else. Apparently men forget something called consent when it comes to me." She whispers the last sentence, barely able to talk between her cries.

"I'm so sorry I didn't give you a chance to speak Amelia." I pulled her into a hug and she just held her hand on her face.

"All I freaking wanted when I got home was your hug, and now I can't enjoy it." She cries and my heart hurts. She's hurt because of me. What happened to me protecting her?

"I'm so sorry baby. I'm so fucking sorry." I whisper to her as I hug her tighter. She hugs me back and I hear a sigh of relief come out of her.

God I'm so stupid.

Amelia's pov*

God I missed his hugs. When he said he wanted to talk I immediately put on a sweater, I don't want him to see what I've done. I can't stay mad at him even if I wanted to. Because he's the only one that can get me through this shit. He's the only one who understands me. He was just hurt when he saw the photos, he didn't say anything to hurt my feelings, he didn't do anything. I was the one who hurt him so I shouldn't even get mad at him.