Chapter 16

Amelia's pov*

I looked at the clock. 1 am.

I heard a knock on my door and I said a simple enter.

Adrian.

"Hey Amelia, I just wanted to check up on you. How are you feeling?" He asked sitting on the bed.

I sat up. "Never better." I said and my voice cracked. I hate when that happens

"Amelia I know you don't think this is true, but your father didn't mean to teach you the rules that way. It's his twisted way of support. He loves you so much, Amelia." He said putting his hand over mine.

"I know it's not his fault. And it's no one's fault but mine. I should have tried harder to free myself. Instead, I just cried in pain like a little fucking baby."

"How can you say that? Amelia, you were cuffed down. You couldn't do anything. You really think in your fault? Look at me in the eyes and tell me you really think it's your fault." Adrian said.

I looked him in the eyes and started crying.

I pulled him into a hug and put my arms around his neck and he nuzzle his head into the crook of my neck and we stayed like that.

I held him tightly. I never want to let him go. Never.

"Adrian," I said quietly.

"Mm?" He answered still in the crook of my neck with gave me shivers down my spine.

"Do you mind spending the night here? I don't want to be alone. My thoughts are depressing enough. I'm not sure I can handle sitting alone." I mumbled.

"I don't mind amore mio" He mumbled back.

I couldn't help but feel sleepy. He is so warm and comfortable that I couldn't resist the sleepiness so I just fell asleep.

Adrian's pov*

I felt her breathing even and steady which means she fell asleep. I didn't want to pull away from the hug so I picked her up. Not changing the position we were in and I lifted the covers up and I laid there on amelias bed with her in my hand.

It was the most comfortable thing I have ever felt. She was so warm and her hair smelled like coconut.

She was perfect. Not a flaw. I thought I'd never find someone who'd make me slightly happy, I was right. I'm not slightly happy. I'm fucking overjoyed.

I thought there was no such thing at soulmates but I was oh so wrong.

Amelia is my other half.

I can't imagine losing her and what that would do to me.

I like her.

I'm going so soft for her that even Corbin and Ian are getting scared that I will go soft and not be as ruthless with business as I was.

Well, they are wrong Amelia might be making me go soft but only for her. She makes me strong. She's my backbone.

I am stronger than ever when I'm with her.

She was sleeping in my arms and her hair was over her face so I brushed some of it off and tucked the few strands behind her ear.

I gave her a small peck on the cheek then I nuzzle my head into her neck. Breathing in her perfect smell then I fell asleep.

Best night of sleep I ever had.

☆☆☆☆☆

Amelia's pov*