Today is Special

Happy Valentine everyone!!!
Hope you had a great day today and here an oneshot for you as it is valentine today kekeke >v</
I'm sorry for being late but better late than never.
Warning: blushing Kaito and blushing Shinichi ~

.

Shinichi was in the kitchen. He had spent almost a whole day in there. Now, he was staring at the heart-shaped cookies he had made for the sixth times.

Not his fault for the last five cookies were bad. Despite his good cooking skills, he never baked before. Then, Haibara was out with the detective boys and Ran was busy with her university assignment.

Shinichi gulped and took a deep breath before took one of the cookies. He slowly brought it to his mouth, bit it and swallowed it.

A smile plastered on his face and his eyes shone brightly. His fist was clenched and a slight blush could be seen on his face.

Finally!

.

Kaito was wrapping his scarf with a smile. He felt so excited today.

Shinichi had asked him out today and at first Kaito was surprise and confused. Shinichi was a person who wouldn't asked him out except if there would be any special day. What was special about 14th February?

Shinichi then had told him that it would be valentine that day. Kaito had stared at his lover and Shinichi chuckled. He had known the thief would forget about valentine.

Since then, Kaito had counted the days until today.

So here Kaito was, wanted to find Shinichi as fast as he could. He wonder if Shinichi would gave him anything.

If I remember correctly, he gave me a bought chocolate last year.

Somehow, that thought made he felt more excited. He skipped through the house and opened the door. He felt so excited until he wanted to shout his Shinichi's name. And he did.

"MY BELOVED SHINICHI! I'M COMING FOR YOU!"

Suddenly, a voice he recognised so well was heard.

"You're lucky today then."

Eh?

"Since I'm already here in front of you."

Kaito's eyes widened when he saw Shinichi was right in front of him.

"Sh-Shinichi?!"

"Hi."

Shinichi said with a shy voice while tried to control his blushing face. Neither of them dare to move. So, Kaito just stared at Shinichi for a while then slowly calmed himself down. Suddenly, something strike his mind.

"D-Did you wait for me?"

"Yeah..."

Kaito's heart melt when Shinichi face became redder. He looked how Shinichi slowly took in his breath and exhaled. Shinichi suddenly started to walk. Shinichi then decided to question Kaito once Kaito was at his reach.

"Was it wrong?"

Kaito blushed when Shinichi looked at him with such a soft and cute face. He covered his mouth and looked away.

"N-no. I thought I would pick you up like usual."

Kaito glanced at Shinichi and amused how red Shinichi was.

"Well, today was special."

Shinichi muttered and Kaito wanted to kiss him right at the moment but decided not to.

"Give me your right hand."

Kaito just blinked at Shinichi but did what Shinichi had asked. Then, Shinichi pulled out his hands that had been hiding behind his back and put the cookies pack he had made for Kaito, on Kaito's right hand.

"Here. Happy valentine, Kaito. I love you."

Shinichi swore his face was redder by now. Kaito's eyes shone brightly while he felt like his heart would pop out from his chest when he saw the cute pack on his hand and heard the word that was rare to hear from the detective mouth. He also didn't miss how the other's finger was wrapped with some band-aid and by that he knew.

"You made it?"

"Yeah."

Kaito still looked at Shinichi with slight surprised while Shinichi was still looking away. Both of them were like two tomatoes right now.

Silenced between them, Shinichi decided to turn.

"If there's nothing to say, we can go now or we'll be late for the movie."

Kaito snapped out from his thought and snatched Shinichi's wrist and pulled him for a kiss before Shinichi could took more than three steps. After felt like eternity, Kaito pulled out and both of them panted. Shinichi bit his lips, feeling butterflies in his stomach when Kaito smiled brightly at him.

"Thank you, Shinichi."

Shinichi tightened his gripped around Kaito's coat as reply. They stayed in that position for a while before pulled out.

"Hey, can I taste it."

Shinichi looked at how excited Kaito was and nodded. He loved excited Kaito afterall. Kaito then cheered and opened the pack. Kaito smiled like a kid and that made a smile formed slowly on Shinichi's face.

"How cute. A heart-shaped cookies?"

"Shut up."

Kaito chuckled and slowly ate it. Shinichi looked closely how Kaito blinked, widened his eyes and ate another.

"Shinichi!!! This is delicious!!!"

Shinichi didn't realised how nervous he felt until then. He smiled softly and Kaito saw that. Taking off guard, he pulled Shinichi for a kiss and slide in a small piece of cookies. He then pulled out and felt satisfied seeing the detective blush brightly again. Then, Kaito took Shinichi's hand and they started to walk together. He placed the cookies pack in his pocket, made sure not to crush them and smile at Shinichi. Shinichi just stared at him and suddenly smiled. That surprised Kaito and he just grinned, feeling excited for their date. Shinichi felt the same way too.

Both of them continued walking together with slight blush on their face.

"Let's go!"

.

And that's the end for this little oneshot. Hope you enjoyed reading it OwO
Next oneshot: What do you think of me?