Letter

"KAITO!!!"

They were at Kaito's house and Kaito asked Shinichi to take something in his drawer. When he opened the drawer, he found a letter that familiar with him. Then, he realised that the letter was his, the letter that he lost before. He ran downstairs and went to Kaito who watching tv while sitting on a couch.

"What is it, Shinichi? Why are you shouting?"

Shinichi calmed his breathing down and looked up to Kaito. Kaito was confused and a little bit scared because Shinichi was glaring at him with those fierce azure eyes of his.

"Why do you have this in your drawer?"

He showed the letter. Kaito blinked for a moment and opened his mouth and closed again.

"I ASKED YOU, WHY DO YOU HAVE THIS IN YOUR DRAWER?!"

Kaito flinched when he heard the anger from his boyfriend. He let out a dry laugh and apologised.

"I'm sorry. I took it from you when I broke in your house before. You're not at home and I saw that letter and it looked suspicious. Then, curiousity got me and I... took it..."

Silenced between them and Shinichi still glaring at him.

"We've been dating for two months and you only tell me this now? Do you even know how important this letter to me and how panicked I was when the letter vanished?"

He asked with a slight betrayed tone. Kaito inverted his eyes and bit his lips.

"If I told you earlier, you might hate me."

The sound was almost like a whisper. Shinichi let out a sigh and sitting next to Kaito. He put his hand on Kaito's and stared at him. Kaito did the same and relaxed a little bit when the anger in Shinichi's eyes was no longer there.

"Did you read it?"

"No. It's your privacy."

Shinichi rolled his eyes.

"Like stealing doesn't disturb my privacy."

And he avoided Kaito's eyes. Kaito thought he was imagining things when he saw blush on Shinichi's face. His thoughts were snap when he felt something brush on his thigh. He looked down and saw the letter on his lap.

Shinichi's eyes were still not looking at Kaito. Kaito hummed, confused and Shinichi let out an annoyed groan. He turned to Kaito and took the letter again and slap it against Kaito's chest.

"I know it looks plain but it's a love letter and it's FOR YOU."

Kaito just stared at Shinichi as he registered his words. His eyes widened and Shinichi looked away again. His red face had became redder.

"I wanted to give you at your heist but then it went missing. Somehow, not long after that, you confessed to me and revealed your identity."

He inhaled a little air and continued.

"When it was missing, I panicked. I was scared if someone read the inside since I'm a great detective. A great detective that has pride to hold. I'm glad it with you and you didn't read it yet."

Kaito just watched Shinichi talked with wide eyes. He was silenced, feeling warm, hearing his detective's words.

"A-anyway!"

Shinichi stood up.

"Go read it after this! I put so many things I could write there. And if you dare not to read it-"

Shinichi couldn't finish his sentence because Kaito grabbed his wrist and pulled him for a kiss. After a while, they stopped.

"Read it for me."

"Eh?"

Shinichi twitched, remembering what he wrote in there.

"No way! It's embarassing!"

"Then, I won't read it too."

Kaito stood up but Shinichi caught his wrist. He turned his back to Shinichi and smirked. Looking at his Shinichi, who looked at him with a flushed and annoyed face just made Kaito's smirked wider.

"I got it. I'll read it for you."

------------------------------------------------------------

This is for DCMKEmogust2021 on tumblr which prompt is "We've been dating for two months and you only tell me this now?" Anyway.... See you next time!