Marry

They were walking together side by side along the sakura trees. The petals were falling and the view was lovely.

"That movie was so fun! The mystery in it was a little bit easy to deduce though. But the way they made the corpses and crimes almost real! I have to give them points for that. To be honest, I thought I couldn't watch it since the ticket was sold out when I tried to buy it. How could you buy them anyway, Kaito?"

Shinichi asked him while looking forward and Kaito kept himself from staring at Shinichi. It can't be helped. The way he talked made Kaito smile. He sounded angelic for Kaito. He felt so happy when seeing the other happy.

"I saw the movie trailer and thought you might want to go. So, I bought it for you and myself since knowing your luck, you might not get it."

And I want to watch it with you, was left unsaid.

Shinichi gave him a happy hum and smiled at him.

"Thank you, Kaito."

Kaito froze while Shinichi was still humming happily, walking and leaving Kaito. The way Shinichi smiled at him was too soft and too sweet. His face felt hot. He looked back in front, watching the other's back.

His heart was beating fast. The view likely whispered to him to just ask Shinichi out.

The problem was he wasn't sure if Shinichi had the same feeling for him. They had been friends for 3 years now and his feelings towards Shinichi just kept growing. Thanks to his poker face, he could control them.

He didn't want to lose Shinichi if the feeling wasn't mutual.

All those thoughts were just there in his mind but he didn't care. He didn't want to lie to his feelings anymore as the place they were walking was so romantic. Too romantic. Moreover, the smile Shinichi had given him. He just couldn't control his urge to confess right there at the moment.

"MEITANTEI!"

He called Shinichi with a low shout as Shinichi wasn't that far from him. Shinichi turned his back to face him, confused.

"I know I was a famous thief. I know I like to flirt with everyone. I know I'm an idiot most of the times and I know we're just rivals and friends but-"

He inhaled because they weren't even dating. They were not even going out, dating each other.

"I love you. That's why. Please marry me!"

Kaito opened his eyes, those were close, slowly and saw Shinichi's shocked face. His heart sank, feeling rejected and hurriedly stared at the ground. He bit his lips for getting ahead of himself.

"Idiot."

He flinched when his cheek felt warmth, bringing his face to look up and saw Shinichi's face. Red face.

"I was shocked not because I reject you, idiot. I was shocked because I thought you're going to ask me out but marry? Seriously?"

Kaito's eyes widened and Shinichi giggled. Those giggles were cute and made Kaito just want to kiss him. When he put his hand on Shinichi's, Shinichi's face was redder. Yeah, right there he just kissed Shinichi.

"I thought you don't love me."

He murmured. Face wasn't even an inch apart.

"I've been in love with you since I was Conan. I fell for you again when I met the real you but I was scared to confess. Since, you do flirt with everyone but I'm glad we feel the same."

Touching Shinichi's cheek this time and putting Shinichi's forehead against his.

"We're fools, aren't we? We could be lovers from the start but here we are."

Shinichi hummed back lightly.

"So... will you marry me?"

Shinichi pulled out from whatever position they're in and coughed as his body felt hot.

"Marriage is too soon but we can start with... Dating each other out?"

Ah yes. Shinichi was so cute and Kaito embraced him this time. Whispering some words and pulling back, smirking when he saw Shinichi's flushing face again. He grabbed Shinichi's hand and began to run. They were laughing, imagined how idiotic they looked.

"I know. Me too."

Another warmth hit Kaito when he heard Shinichi's answer for his whisper earlier. Both tightening their grips. Kaito turned his head, eyes sparkled when seeing Shinichi smiled widely to him. Silence echoed and both of them were laughing again.

"Then, I'll make you love me more until you agree to marry me."

.

This is weirdddddd but heh this is actually for dcmkemogust2021 on tumblr fufufu. The prompt is "Please marry me." haha urghh