Lean on Me (1)

Warning: Suicide attempt, crying Kaito, Kaito let out his frustration at Shinichi, Shinichi just want to help

.

Another person got shot.

Kaito blamed himself. The organisation was starting to become braver to attack others. He started to wonder if things would become better if he died. Afterall, he started to become tired with his life. With everything.

Besides, he didn't want to burden Aoko anymore.

He didn't want to worry Aoko anymore.

.

He knew she wasn't stupid. After Kaito had gotten a fatal shot that had made him unconscious for almost three days, he had woken up to see Aoko was there beside him. He could remember how Aoko had cried, relieved to see him, how Aoko told him that she had known Kaito was KID long before, after that day both of them had been trapped together while KID was bleeding.

She had told him how worried she was when she had seen KID get shot on tv. Kaito could just comfort him, saying he was alive.

That was the day he told everything.

And Aoko still accepted him.

That didn't ease his guilt.

He promised to not lie to her anymore but he knew every time he confessed, Aoko couldn't understand his feelings sometimes. Aoko then apologised for not understand him enough.

.

So, here he was, standing at the edge of the rooftop and staring at the ground. Police wouldn't be here. Even Meitantei hadn't come to his heist lately. Maybe...

Maybe he should jump.

So he closed his eyes and jumped.

Doing that, he didn't hear any creaking sound. He didn't hear any rush footsteps. He didn't hear the loud gasp from another person.

Until that person shouted at him.

"KID!"

Kaito snapped his eyes open and widened, when he had realised what happened.

Shinichi had jumped off the building too.

He cursed and hurriedly opened his hang glider and engine. Once the detective was at his reach, he caught him and glared at the detective. The detective did the same.

"Go to my house. Please."

Shinichi whispered softly and tugged his suit, suddenly breaking the silence. Kaito blinked and for unknown reason, he complied with the detective's request.

.

Once they arrived in Kudou's Manor, Kaito put Shinichi down and scolded him.

"WHY DID YOU JUMP OFF LIKE THAT?! YOU COULD'VE DIED--"

"BUT YOU WANTED TO KILL YOURSELF! ! "

Kaito flinched and was surprised when he saw fear in the detective's eyes.

"THAT'S WHY YOU JUMPED RIGHT?"

By this time, Shinichi had gripped his arms hard and shook him.

Kaito just laughed and poker face was in place.

"Huh? Wasn't that what I usually do? Jumping off the roof then opening my glider."

Shinichi gripped harder.

"But you weren't planning to open it just now, weren't you?"

Shinichi asked softly. Kaito grinned wide.

"That's ridiculous. Of course I'm - - "

" Stop.... Stop smiling already."

Kaito wanted to say something but he couldn't. So, Shinichi took the opportunity to continue.

"I know something is wrong with you. Tell me, KID. Don't bottle up yourself. It's not good. I... Want to help."

Shinichi loosened his grip and watched the thief.

"But you won't understand."

Shinichi smiled at him.

"How are you sure about it?"

Kaito bit his lips. The smile he gave irritated Kaito.

"How can you know I don't understand when you never told me your story?"

He snapped.

"BECAUSE YOU FINALLY FREE! HOW CAN SOMEONE LIKE YOU, HAPPIER AND HAVE EVERYTHING NOW, UNDERSTAND SOMEONE LIKE ME WHO IS A CRIMINAL, BEING THE REASON PEOPLE GOT SHOT, TIRED OF EVERYTHING AND JUST WANT TO END HIS LIFE?! YOU DON'T EVEN GO TO MY HEIST AS OFTEN AS BEFORE?! HOW CAN SOMEONE LIKE YOU... Understand me."

His voice cracked and tears started to fall out from his eyes. He cursed himself for being this open after years holding himself from letting every sad emotion out. He after that aggressively wiped the tears using his sleeves, hoping they would stop flowing.

Suddenly, there was warmth radiating in his skin because Shinichi was hugging him.

"Maybe I don't but I still want to help you. I want you to lean on me, Kuroba Kaito."

Shinichi hugged tighter when the thief tensed at his name.

"That's why, say whatever you want, confess whatever you are feeling to me. Come to me whenever you need support. As long as that can ease your pain, Kuroba. So, don't run away from it. From the fate. Please."

Shinichi talked slowly besides his ears while patting the back slowly.

"Okay. "

That was enough to make Kaito's eyes watered again and he cried on the detective's shoulder, letting everything out from his chest, while gripping the other's back.

And that made Shinichi, the second person outside of his family, knew about his night work secret.

.

Hi everyone!!! Long time no see OwO/

To be honest, I didn't want to release this one yet because I haven't finished this. But, it feels like years since the last time I posted sooo here I'm giving a part from the oneshot.

P/s: I'm joining Kaishin Secret Santa and I'm working on a fic with multiple chapters for my giftee. Just wanna let you know I'll post it on AO3 on Dec 20th.

Next Oneshot: Lean On Me (2)