Fire

Shinichi was tired and it was almost 9pm and he got the warmest welcome in his life after that.

"Are you an idiot?"

The warmest welcome indeed. Shinichi sighed and pulled out his shoes. Kaito just glaring at him.

"What do you mean, Kaito?"

He walked pass him. Kaito snatched his wrist and made Shinichi turned facing him.

"Megure-keibu called me just now. He told me you ran into a burning house. I've told you how my father died, haven't I?"

Shinichi looked at the ground and bit his lips. Kaito glaring at him harder.

"Why did you do that? I know you have that tendecy to help criminals but that's dangerous and you could've die!"

Wincing, hearing his lover's shout. Kaito kept gripping his wrist harder but he didn't move. Shinichi didn't let any words left from his mouth. So, Kaito continued.

"Seeing my father burnt till death is enough, you know? I don't want to see you die the same way."

This time, Kaito made a small sad smile to Shinichi and Shinichi felt guilty.

"I know."

He looked at Kaito and made the same smile as Kaito did.

"But I don't want to repeat that again."

He murmured under his breath and Kaito tilted.

"What do you mean?"

Kaito let his wrist go. His eyes showed worry and Shinichi shook his head, snapping from his thought. He didn't realise that he had said that thought out.

"I'm sorry."

He turned his back.

"I need to change my clothes."

He ran and ignored Kaito's calls.

.

Kaito just sighed and rubbed his hair.

"What does he mean by that?"

Kaito walked to the couch, sit and let his body rest on it. He was thinking what the detective was saying.

He knew Shinichi loved to save criminal. He even saved Kaito back then from being shot. He always saved before thinking the outcome. Then, the word 'repeat' rang in Kaito's mind.

"Something like this had happened before."

He groaned and poofed out a deck of card. He shuffled the card while thinking as that way helped him to focus more.

"Where do I start? Is it happen when he was Conan or before that?"

He kept thinking about clue but the only things that came up on his mind were Mouri Ran and Hattori Heiji. So, he called both of them.

.

Shinichi was in library, sitting on his father's chair. To be more specific, he was curling on his father's chair. He sighed, putting his chin between his knees.

"I almost not made it just now."

He hugged his knees tighter as he remembered the case 2 years ago. The sound of piano just couldn't leave his mind. He could see the fire in front of him. Not long after that, Kaito's words came to his mind.

"I'm sorry."

His voice was almost broke and he chuckled.

"At least both of us alive this time."